Brutus 2400.1 electrical help

I have a 2014 Dodge Challenger stock alternator 160amp stock battery..I have 2 alpine 10d2 and just purchased a Brutus 2400.1..the amp pushes around 1500rms @2ohms.I have it hooked up and my voltage drops to 13.3..I have only upgraded the ground from battery to chassis with 1/0 gauge..What else can I do to improve the Voltage..not trying to install a high output alternator cause I think it would void my warranty..Thanks

I have a 2014 Dodge Challenger stock alternator 160amp stock battery..I have 2 alpine 10d2 and just purchased a Brutus 2400.1..the amp pushes around 1500rms @2ohms.I have it hooked up and my voltage drops to 13.3..I have only upgraded the ground from battery to chassis with 1/0 gauge..What else can I do to improve the Voltage..not trying to install a high output alternator cause I think it would void my warranty..Thanks
you could install a cheaper power cell that would solve your issue I have the same problem but strapped for money at the moment. you could get the Energie 1200 Watt 12v Power Cell it is $40.46 at price falls.com you said your around 1500 rms this is a little under but if ur strapped for money and aren't trying to spend a whole lot. This is what im going to do but im getting the 2400 watt one for $98 from car id.

I would continue your big 3 upgrade. Do two more runs of 0 gauge + from alt to battery and another negative from engine to chassis. When you're voltage drops is that cranked with lights on and a/c running or what?

160A is a decent alt, finish your big 3 for starters and that should help but if your dipping to 13.3 at stock thats not bad. Doing the full big 3 should help. As long as your not dipping into 12s your good

Dropping to 13.3 isn't bad by any means. If you drop below 12.6V then you should be concerned. You're fine.

ANYWAY, do the complete big 3, a single run of 1/0 to the back for power should be fine, make sure all your grounds are clean, and all your connections are tight.

13.3 while driving and not even at full tilt..no lights or ac on..kinda scared to turn it up because of the voltage drop not trying to damage anything..set gains with dmm and 60htz test tone..money isn't an issue just can't do alternator because it's a brand new car under warranty

50hz test tone and sometimes its the vehicles ecu preventing you from getting full voltage, put a load on it and go for it, just turn it down when you see it dropping below 12.5. You wont really know what you truly need until you go at it. So only advice is, grow a pair and go for it. You system will not spontaneously combust, dont be scared.

Yea it can possibly be your ecu controling your voltage. Does your voltage go up to 14.4 at idle nothing playing no load on it just engine running?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.