Budget 10 for limited space SQL? PLS help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Garth713

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am trying to fit a single 10-in subwoofer under the seat of my avalanche so space is very limited. The box (audio enhancers av65) that I found that gives me the most room has a mounting depth of 5 7/16 and .65 air space. My budget is limited to under $150 for the sub, preferably as close to $100 as possible. But if $150 gets me a much better sounding subwoofer then that's fine. So far the subwoofers I've been looking at are Dayton HOs, image dynamic ID10s, sundown e10, and Skar VD10. I however have never even heard any of these in person. So I really need some help.

My music preferences are pretty wide I listen to a lot of hip-hop, classic rock, country, and pop. And I just want something that sounds great with all of them.

The amp I'm going to get is a Skar 1200.1d because I want to be able to add a second subwoofer eventually and not have to upgrade my amp. However if you know of a better one around the same power under $170 that would also be much appreciated.

Thank you to everyone who reads this and to anyone who replies. I appreciate it very much.

This might be your best choice in that location. Mounting depth will be tight though.

Screenshot_20200207-163922_Samsung Internet.jpg

I am trying to fit a single 10-in subwoofer under the seat of my avalanche so space is very limited. The box (audio enhancers av65) that I found that gives me the most room has a mounting depth of 5 7/16 and .65 air space. My budget is limited to under $150 for the sub, preferably as close to $100 as possible. But if $150 gets me a much better sounding subwoofer then that's fine. So far the subwoofers I've been looking at are Dayton HOs, image dynamic ID10s, sundown e10, and Skar VD10. I however have never even heard any of these in person. So I really need some help.

My music preferences are pretty wide I listen to a lot of hip-hop, classic rock, country, and pop. And I just want something that sounds great with all of them.

The amp I'm going to get is a Skar 1200.1d because I want to be able to add a second subwoofer eventually and not have to upgrade my amp. However if you know of a better one around the same power under $170 that would also be much appreciated.

Thank you to everyone who reads this and to anyone who replies. I appreciate it very much.
I could sell you an alumapro subwoofer they are sound quality subs and work well in small volume enclosures

Thank you very much for your reply. That's honestly one of the ones I've been looking at the hardest. It looks like a really good speaker I have read it does better in ported enclosures though and the only single sub enclosures I found specifically for my truck or sealed do you think they'd still perform well? The Dayton and the E10 are the two I'm leaning towards the most. I also got to listen to a JL 10W0 in town and that sounded pretty clean but it was at a shop in a much larger enclosure than I'd be able to provide.

Thank you for the offers, I actually no nothing about either of those, I've heard of Memphis but I'm not familiar with any of their subs. Are they comparable to the Dayton or Sundown? I couldn't find anything on either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.