Budget 10" under $80?

The HDC4 is a different animal and shouldnt be used as reference to the quality of the these new lines.
The pioneer is probably the most durable of the listed drivers, but not the best sounding or the widest frequency range or flattest response. I'm typically a fan of pioneer, I have ran many pioneer systems in the past, and my current head unit and comp's are pio's, but theri subs leave alot to be desired, but I do rank the pio 2nd choice folowed by the polk then rf.

I still stand by the bravos I listed earlier as the best driver in the price range period. Great sq and high sensitivity and perfect q and no le, should play any freq needed and roll off so smoothely it blends seamlessly with the front stage. Should be airy and transparent while managing excellent transience and flat response. Could be easily tuned for the sql side of things as well.
i know bravox makes a mean sub no doubt they called it unblowable at one point and time, I have no experience with that sub just a whole bunch of 6.5/5.25 that I bought when parts express had the sale, wasn't impressed and half of them end up blowing or sounding like sh1t, the pioneer champion series sub was a mean little sub for the money... bought one after the whole big thing on here and compared it to my sa 12 and it spanked it!!! i'm over there (new sub thread) I see he put up the open box pics so we should be able to see em in action soon... i must admit I don't expect great things from those woofers but I do believe they could be a powerhouse in the price range...

Thanks for all the replies.
How would this MB Quart amp pair with the Pioneer TS-W260S4?

MB Quart OA500.1 500W Max 1-Channel Monoblock Onyx Series Amp

With ->

Pioneer TS-W260S4 (tsw260s4) 10" Single 4-Ohm Champion Series Car Subwoofer

Or is it really worth the extra $60 for MB Quart OA750.1 750W Max 1-Channel Monoblock Onyx Series Amp

More power is always better but i would get this over the mbquarts Precision Power PPI BK650.1D (BK6501D) 650W RMS Mono Class D Black Ice Car Amp

Out of all the subs that fit your budget, The Soundqubed sub seems the best out of all of them for getting loud. With that sub however, you cant just buy a random premade box which i have the feeling your going to do... How good a sub sounds is very dependant on the design of the enclosure its in. If your planning on going sealed, i'd recommend the bravo sub someone already mentioned.

EDIT: NVM forgot about INCIMINATOR's SALE!!! http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/categories/sub-woofers/incriminator-audio/i-series.html

Also OP the reason why none of us like the list of mainstream woofers you listed out because those woofers are cheaply made with smaller voice coils and weaker magnets. Sonic electronix isn't the only place for bass you know lol.

More power is always better but i would get this over the mbquarts Precision Power PPI BK650.1D (BK6501D) 650W RMS Mono Class D Black Ice Car Amp
Out of all the subs that fit your budget, The Soundqubed sub seems the best out of all of them for getting loud. With that sub however, you cant just buy a random premade box which i have the feeling your going to do... How good a sub sounds is very dependant on the design of the enclosure its in. If your planning on going sealed, i'd recommend the bravo sub someone already mentioned.

EDIT: NVM forgot about INCIMINATOR's SALE!!! Sub Woofers - Incriminator Audio - I Series - SSA STORE

Also OP the reason why none of us like the list of mainstream woofers you listed out because those woofers are cheaply made with smaller voice coils and weaker magnets. Sonic electronix isn't the only place for bass you know lol.
The I series are indeed a good option, and nicer than the hds junkers.

Sensitivity has to be considered, the Bravox has a sens of 88.42dB 1w/1m, when compared to the inefficient hds2 (85.81), you see the hds isnt going to be much if any louder. the bravox on 200 rms is as loud as the SQ on 400 (maybe more thanks to inferior suspension design) The PPI amp is definitely an upgrade over the MB Quart though.

I may try a couple of those Bravox subs sealed in my car....see how they compare to a ported 12w6v2.
Apples and oarnges lol. you would notice alot more transparency, but the 12w6 is a decent driver as long as you keep it from bottoming.

Well if the decision is down the the Bravox 12" or the Incriminator 10" being paired with the suggested PPI 650.1 amp, what differences would I notice between the two to influence my decision? Keep in mind I am planning to have a sealed enclosure.

Jeffdachef, you were correct about me planning on buying a premade box. As I continue to read about SQ and ICE, I feel I now have no other choice than to have a custom enclosure made for whatever woofer I end up with. This is no real issue aside from me attempting a "budget" stereo upgrade over my factory system, but with that aside, I know in the end I will be happy that I didn't half-*** any part of my build.

i know bravox makes a mean sub no doubt they called it unblowable at one point and time, I have no experience with that sub just a whole bunch of 6.5/5.25 that I bought when parts express had the sale, wasn't impressed and half of them end up blowing or sounding like sh1t, the pioneer champion series sub was a mean little sub for the money... bought one after the whole big thing on here and compared it to my sa 12 and it spanked it!!! i'm over there (new sub thread) I see he put up the open box pics so we should be able to see em in action soon... i must admit I don't expect great things from those woofers but I do believe they could be a powerhouse in the price range...
The Pio's sound terrible... built a dual sealed box for a local guy looking to bang on a budget and anything below 40Hz was missing. The bravox sub I'm referring to I dont recall ever being labeled as being impossible to blow, and the coax and components are definitely anemic, but thats typical of drivers designed like their full range stuff. They are designed to be more analytical than engaging. When you say you blew them, you mean you drove them past their mechanical limits and they were damaged until no longer usable?

The Pio's sound terrible... built a dual sealed box for a local guy looking to bang on a budget and anything below 40Hz was missing. The bravox sub I'm referring to I dont recall ever being labeled as being impossible to blow, and the coax and components are definitely anemic, but thats typical of drivers designed like their full range stuff. They are designed to be more analytical than engaging. When you say you blew them, you mean you drove them past their mechanical limits and they were damaged until no longer usable?
I thought the pio's sounded alright... but i also ran ported not sealed... I'm not familiar with the one you recommended but if you watch some old youtube video's they were calling them unblowable plugging them in the wall and everything trying to kill 'em.. lol yeah their comps sux, and everyhting was set dmm and oscope, which makes me believe they were a little overrated... but in that budget almost anything he gets will be better than what he's got.... and if he's deciding between the bravox 12 and the IA 10... i'd have to give it to the IA 10

I have had great results with the 1060w in budget systems. Just finished a dual quad 10" 4th order BP a local dj uses for PA and Gigs, 17-50hz range, sq is insane for the price when boxed properly. But if you can run a 12, you'll be hard pressed to beat the bravox that partsexpress has on clearance...
Bravox PXW12D-2 12" DVC Subwoofer 2 Ohm Per Coil 269-537
specs aren't bad at all... only thing thats kinda trippy is they want such a big box... thats more than my hdc4 wants... and whats the F3 next to the boxs? freq? if so ported is awesomely low and sealed is crazy high!! lol

specs aren't bad at all... only thing thats kinda trippy is they want such a big box... thats more than my hdc4 wants... and whats the F3 next to the boxs? freq? if so ported is awesomely low and sealed is crazy high!! lol
lol, sealed f3 is almost the same as the pio free air fs, and with its fs and q the roll-off would be very slow and smooth. Cabin gain should more than flatten it. Vented box size is based on equal ripple response or quasi-butterworth. Could be smaller and tuned a bit higher with little harm. As long as the f3 is 32Hz you'd be good to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.