Budget Mono Amp Help!

A good clean 750 watt amp. Not a dirty cheap 1500 that might not work out of the box. Just my 2 cents
What is that old saying? Champagne taste on a beer budget?

If I had the money I'd be running DD or MMATS, but unfortunately I don't have that kind of scratch these days.

From what I've seen the Audiopipes seem to clamp close to rated, and put out clean power as long as they aren't pushed into clipping. I'll be more than happy with 1200 unclipped watts. I'd sure hate to get a DOA or a dud, but that's what the warranty is for. The only real downside seems to be that they are pretty inefficient.

Not arguing that Audiopipe is the best, just thinking it's the best I can do on a very limited budget.

Every once in a while PPI P1000.1 and Soundstream TN1.1200D go on sale for like $179, shipped. These are the same amplifier inside. You should get about 1000watts RMS at 2ohm or 1200 at 1ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.