Cadences new amps any good?

Outstanding price if the specs of the 5-channel model are true. However, personally I would bump my budget to $300 and buy a Kicker ZX700.5 or Alpine MRX-V60 or something else with a Class D subwoofer section. I have almost no doubt that without forced cooling, this pure class A/B Cadence amp will run hot and shut down under the right conditions on a hot summer day.

lulz at this guy.^^^ id like to know how they sound however.

the FXA4100 and f100-5 flash peak my interest alot..same with the zrs c9

Kick lulzing until you crank the sub with that amp on a hot day and watch it go into thermal shutdown while showing it off to your buddies. Here in texas, 10 minutes of run time with on a >100F day would be enough.

Kick lulzing until you crank the sub with that amp on a hot day and watch it go into thermal shutdown while showing it off to your buddies. Here in texas, 10 minutes of run time with on a >100F day would be enough.
have u ever ran any of the amps OP put up, or are u Bsing?

as well, all class a/b amps dont run hot, wheres your evidence these do?

typically amps will stay fine temperature wise with good ventilation and proper loads and tuning.

Among the currently sold amps, MB Quart, Boston Acoustics 4-channels and many others will run hot to touch and are known to shutdown. I don't want stories about old school A/B amps that can run well all day long putting out 1000s of watts. I am taking about what's currently available on the budget Class A/B amplifier market. They all work internally the same, and it's roughly estimated that they are 60% or so efficient at max wattage output, specially driving 2 ohm loads. Meaning much power is converted into heat. Just a warning for those living in places with occasionally hot summers. I don't think it's too much of an issue with a well ventilated amp install for much of the year in most areas.

My old MB 125.4 got hot as hell but never shut down for $130 bucks it was a great lil amp. Lots of plastic but it was 130 what else do u expect. My old ed9.2 got so hot you could cook food on the heatsink but it never shut down either maybe I have good luck

Well let's see.. cadence claims their wire is ofc and its not. They also claim some amp does 5k with a board that would maybe support 2k and one set of 1/0 inputs so idk its a toss up with some of their stuff.

Well let's see.. cadence claims their wire is ofc and its not. They also claim some amp does 5k with a board that would maybe support 2k and one set of 1/0 inputs so idk its a toss up with some of their stuff.
Kinda what I was expecting.. figured too good to be true on prices but with all the sales going on its hard to tell if its just a great deal on a good product or a dud marked up

Outstanding price if the specs of the 5-channel model are true. However, personally I would bump my budget to $300 and buy a Kicker ZX700.5 or Alpine MRX-V60 or something else with a Class D subwoofer section. I have almost no doubt that without forced cooling, this pure class A/B Cadence amp will run hot and shut down under the right conditions on a hot summer day.
Laughable at best.

I had a 1400+ watt Cadence Z1200 from the 2000's in a black car, with limo tint, at 1 ohm in a sealed trunk in Michigans hot and humid summers. Never skipped a beat.

Laughable at best.
I had a 1400+ watt Cadence Z1200 from the 2000's in a black car, with limo tint, at 1 ohm in a sealed trunk in Michigans hot and humid summers. Never skipped a beat.
what does that amp have to do with the one in question outside of the brand name? Ive seen at least one person at diyma claim, based on experience, that the cadence 5 channel runs hot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.