Calling all Nissan Xterra/pathfinder owners.

dumple
5,000+ posts

What's in your trunk?
Philly
Well today it was overcast and not raining so I decided to finally tackle the big three. I didn't have 2/0 welding wire ring terminals so i improvised i used copper pipe that is almost exactly the right size for all the strands to fit into. I got the ground strap all taken care off and is secure and working. Heres a few pics.

Bat negative (new terminals!!!)

0705071517-00.jpg

Bat to chassis ground

0705071517-01.jpg

chassis to engine block ground

0705071517-02.jpg

I used the existing path of the original ground just removed it. Before doing this i dropped to about 12v when bumping but now i pretty much stay between 13.2-14.2. Add the rest of the bigthree and a hc2000 and im seeeeet.

But my question to xterra/pathfinder owners is, How in the hell can i get to my alt. to finish the upgrade? Its so tucked in behind bars and all kinds of stuff that its going to be impossible to fit the wire in and bolt it back down. If anyone has worked on or has one of the 2 vehicles (v6 3.3L engine) please give me some help here id like to knock this out tomarra.

welcome to my HELL. If you know anyone with a lift, that helps. I found a guy at CarToys that says he'll do it for $50 labor, I just have to go up there.

ugh xterra or pathfinder so crammed in there lol and its still a weak lil poos of an engine lol .2 more liters and i could have a z motor (sorta)

its not really crammed...just poorly planned. you can fit a 5.7 in an xterra so i know its got the space, its just a matter of putting things in the right spot

its not really crammed...just poorly planned. you can fit a 5.7 in an xterra so i know its got the space, its just a matter of putting things in the right spot
well everything seems to be in the wrong spot then. I cant figure out how im going to get both my hands a socket wrench and a peice of 2/0 wire into |------| much space:crap:

i like the improvisation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

can u get a pic of where the alternator is? i see u have a EA alt. i guess u had someone else install it?

yea i had the place where i bought the car install it Del Chevrolet lol. But I can get pictures tomarra i can tell you its near the bottom of the car. theres like a mock skid plate or something that you unscrew to get at it. I might if its not to hard end up taking the alt out put the wire on then put the alt back in.

this might help http://www.courtesyparts.com/betasite/images/wd22/wd22_230-2.gif

how much for the alty?? Mine's been beaten on for 4 years and is starting to introduce a bit of whine....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

You'll probably need to remove the ALT to put the new wire on it. Just a "guess" as I'm not familiar with your car, but that sounds like the way to do it...

wish i could help you but mine still in the shop haven't seen it in 2 months
ugh ive been in that situation but i lost mine for 4 months due to roll over. As for what i payed for the alt i forget lol some where around 400 maybe? I totally forget worth it tho

ugh ive been in that situation but i lost mine for 4 months due to roll over. As for what i payed for the alt i forget lol some where around 400 maybe? I totally forget worth it tho
thx for the info. I guess I'll sell my 9515 then.

Ive got a 2500d runnin and hd3 15 and i dimmed alot last night. I want it to be dark so i can test to see if i even need to do the other wire. I really dont want to lol my fingers are beat to ass

Ive got a 2500d runnin and hd3 15 and i dimmed alot last night. I want it to be dark so i can test to see if i even need to do the other wire. I really dont want to lol my fingers are beat to ass
i've been at the big 2 for a while:crap: I have 2 40's powered by an 1800 under the hood a 2400 in the back(at least 1) I don't do street beatin', battery draining demos with it though...2 seconds and I'm done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.