Calling out @Hertz Mafia

Yes, it's a db4 PnP score, done on 6300w clamped power.
I will be at the Mini Truck Nats this weekend. Maggie Valley,NC. Well, for sure I'll be there on Sunday. I should have an SPL score Sunday too. Just not sure where I want to run the new build. Won't have it completely finished until Saturday night. I Haven't decided if I'm going to run M4 and take it easy on the new subs, or M5/RAD X and just send it ( around 4k clamped power per sub) .....
think ill get more power out of one HD15k than the VP? the subs rest at .7 can it handle that load? my impedance is 2x higher windows up.

think ill get more power out of one HD15k than the VP? the subs rest at .7 can it handle that load? my impedance is 2x higher windows up.
.7 - .8 ohms is kind of the sweet spot for these amps. ( but DON'T wire lower) As long as you have enough electrical to back it up. How many subs again?? If it's just two, you will probably end up clamping around 8k, rise dependent of course.

I would go with a Bass 15K, as it can be wired lower. And is built a bit stronger, for sub duty.

My goal is to have mine playing well by July 14th. For the Mechman/XS Power show here in Knoxvegas .... I still have port tuning to work on .... Luckily I need to drop my tuning, AND shrink my internal volume. I think I've got a good comprise figured out that will get me very near my optimum for both, in one fell swoop. It's still a PITA though ... lol

SOOO, is anybody on here going to the Mini Truck Nats in Maggie Valley this weekend??? 2x event both days ....4x weekend ....
man i wish they had a show every two weeks. live in bum **** Louisiana. they have a few shoes here but everything is like 300+ miles. im gonna have to make some road trips.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

.7 - .8 ohms is kind of the sweet spot for these amps. ( but DON'T wire lower) As long as you have enough electrical to back it up. How many subs again?? If it's just two, you will probably end up clamping around 8k, rise dependent of course.
I would go with a Bass 15K, as it can be wired lower. And is built a bit stronger, for sub duty.
its worth the 500 more bones?

OH yeah, the show this weekend is almost 200 miles from me .... it sux in a 93 Burban 4x4 with 33/12.50/20's and 1500 lbs of equipment in it ....

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, if you're going to actually make a bet on scores, it needs to be at an official event, in the same format, ie ... sealed on glass, at the headrest meca style, or in the kick Usaci style. 30 sec peak hold burp, 30 sec avg on music, ect ....
First he called me out knowing I have a cpillar and knowing what my truck meters. He has a Bpillar in a tiny car. His score should be on dash because that’s where mine was taken.. he went on and on about my rules and it doesn’t matter because he will win and yet he hasn’t posted anything. He also said he can do 155db+ from 25-50hz and also said he can do 162db+ with two 18s in his Bpillar. The dude is a joke and has shown nothing other then a poorly built wall...he has all these outrageous claims and literally shown nothing... did u see his build log compared to your build log? Night and day difference in quality of work...Papermaker is a joke. All you guys are getting trolled... now he’s looking for a Tahoe or navigator to rebuild and try it again because this build is a fail.

0ZOxwU0.jpg

[quote name='Papermaker85']looks good smalls. why not? its fun and gives you drive! i'm sure you low 150s..[/QUOTE]
:naughty:

Chasing numbers to me personally takes the fun out of it. If I’m moving a lot of air and can crush 20-40hz I’m good. This thread is why I don’t. Just turns into a big ol pecker swinging contest. If you wanna bet ask hertz. There’s a guy named Brandon young I’m sure you’d make easy money with. Right @Hertz Mafia

[quote name='Lbetts818']:naughty:

Chasing numbers to me personally takes the fun out of it. If I’m moving a lot of air and can crush 20-40hz I’m good. This thread is why I don’t. Just turns into a big ol pecker swinging contest. If you wanna bet ask hertz. There’s a guy named Brandon young I’m sure you’d make easy money with. Right @Hertz Mafia[/QUOTE]

I'm getting rid of the vp soon. There isn't a show under 400 miles for 2 months. I'm going to go to the usaci judges house asap to do some testing. I'm gonna just go ahead and build the roof. The car leaks and is falling apart. No bolt in the roof will stay even with thread locker. If I don't burp a 157+ I'll be shocked.

First he called me out knowing I have a cpillar and knowing what my truck meters. He has a Bpillar in a tiny car. His score should be on dash because that’s where mine was taken.. he went on and on about my rules and it doesn’t matter because he will win and yet he hasn’t posted anything. He also said he can do 155db+ from 25-50hz and also said he can do 162db+ with two 18s in his Bpillar. The dude is a joke and has shown nothing other then a poorly built wall...he has all these outrageous claims and literally shown nothing... did u see his build log compared to your build log? Night and day difference in quality of work...Papermaker is a joke. All you guys are getting trolled... now he’s looking for a Tahoe or navigator to rebuild and try it again because this build is a fail.
0ZOxwU0.jpg
I want a truck to haul my camper *** Clown. Lol.

With 15kw 162 outlaw isn't terribly hard. People are doing 162 with that power.

You keep saying a small car. I know you lack knowledge on builds because you don't understand acoustic coupling and how it's nearly impossible in a small car. Then again I don't expect you to know because you don't do your own builds.

Says Mr. 147.
The fact that you don't even own a meter shows that you are not serious about getting loud.
I know my res frequency. Now I just need to do a little tuning to see if I'm getting cancallation and what it meters.

Like I said if it less than 157 on the daily tune I'll be shocked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.