Calling out RAB

not necessarily true. buyer pays for item friday night shipper sends on monday morning only to find out the money in his paypal isnt there when he returns home because buyer filed claim on sunday afternoon. buyer refuses shipment seller loses the shipping costs because buyer said he didnt receive item when he clearly did.
That has nothing to do with what we are talking about nor does it make sense.

you said if seller has proof that buyer received said item that paypal dismisses claim. i have shown you proof that that is not necessarily true. anyways thats off topic

OP make a claim thru paypal and be sure to include all messages between you and RAB and also the findings from chris at db-r. at that point you'll have the money back and RAB can decide to pay for the repair or just have db-r send it back to him.

orlando_crx is wrong. paypal will side with the seller if he provides proof it was delivered. only way is to do a chargeback. takes a 5 minute phonecall to your bank.

on a side note, i have bought a few amps from RAB and never had a problem. it could have been a shipping problem. i have a friend that sent an amp to be repaired, it was and shipped back. must have gotten dropped in shipping cause it instantly went up in smoke once turned on. sent it back and some of the parts had come alittle loose in shipping and caused it to short.

orlando_crx is wrong. paypal will side with the seller if he provides proof it was delivered. only way is to do a chargeback. takes a 5 minute phonecall to your bank.
on a side note, i have bought a few amps from RAB and never had a problem. it could have been a shipping problem. i have a friend that sent an amp to be repaired, it was and shipped back. must have gotten dropped in shipping cause it instantly went up in smoke once turned on. sent it back and some of the parts had come alittle loose in shipping and caused it to short.
Db-r said it was reassembled incorrectly. Maybe the shipping company dropped it, opened it, took it apart, figured they knew what they were doing, tried to fix it, put it back together, delivered it and now RAB is wrongfully being accused.

Or RAB knowingly or unknowingly sold an amp that he or someone else tried to repair and he wont comment in this thread because he knows he was in the wrong.

The purchase price was 595 not trying to shaft him. I just want what I'm out... can the credit card charge back only part of the cost. I fixed the amp 287 thats all I want. Can the credit card charge back only that potion of the price?

yeah i had to file an insurance claim with UPS. for an old school orion hcca 250. put insurance for i think 400 dollars. I talked to the lady from ups explaining that people cant just go buy this amp new anymore and that it was an antique. then i proceeded to ask her if someone on a forum selling the item would work. she said that that would be fine. so i proceeded to go to this site, make a for sale ad with a price of 400 dollars, sent em a copy of it. and there ya go. i got my money
So you were opened a for sale thread of a product that wasn't in working condition? I should try that. lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

crickerson

10+ year member
crickerson
wichita, ks
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views