Can 8in subs really bang and thump?

I like the "wow factor" from 8s. Most people i know dont even know 8 inch subs exist. All they know is 10s-15s. When Im running 8s they are like "Wtf are those little things" etc. When I run 18s people are like "holy shit!" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif But I've had several 8 inch set ups and always liked them. Its fun to see how loud they can get and some of the big bad 8s out there can get pretty loud!

Short answer is yes. The right 8's can get retarded for what they are. Put a pair of SA8's v.2's in ~1.2cf @ 32 on ~ 1kw and watch people's faces when you tell them it's 8's.
I can vouch for this. Ive got a pair of SA8's in 1.2 cubes after displacement tuned to around 31hz and running about 600w to each. Gets low and pretty **** loud doing it.

Well heres the basic size of the box im looking at... I can go up to 38in wide on the box...but i want no more than 12in high and no more than 12in deep. I was considering shallow mounts because i wanted to shring that to like 8-9in deep but I think 12 is the max I want to go with. So maybe I could even do 3 8in subs? Hmmmmmmm

Well heres the basic size of the box im looking at... I can go up to 38in wide on the box...but i want no more than 12in high and no more than 12in deep. I was considering shallow mounts because i wanted to shring that to like 8-9in deep but I think 12 is the max I want to go with. So maybe I could even do 3 8in subs? Hmmmmmmm
@ Moble Enclosurs built my enclosure. He did a great job and his prices are very good.

Lol sealed to save space, ported 8's still don't take up ****.
Tell that to the 4 8s box taking up my entire ext cab. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif and the box is actually a little under spec

Tell that to the 4 8s box taking up my entire ext cab. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif and the box is actually a little under spec
He wants two not four. Also the dd 8's are the only ones I know of that want about 1.5 each ported and I doubt he would get those.

This. Still though don't expect to move air like a pair of 15's.
Oh i know they wont...and dont really expect them to. Just dont wanna be let down after spending loot ya know. Im leaning towards the new Sundown 8's. Although at 185 bucks each I may take last years model at only 140 each.

Dropping your enclosure depth to 8-9 inches is going to put you at well under 1.5 cubes....prolly pushing minimums for most 8" x 3, especially if you're not wanting to go sealed and looking for best lows+loud....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.