• Thread starter <chickenman>
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<chickenman>

instead of wiring everything in the trunk to the battery under the hood can i just put a battery in the trunk so that i wont have to use so much wire?

i wish that way was as easy as it may seem. but it's not. if you have 2 batteries in your car, that extra battery has to be charged by the alternator. and if you have a stock alternator, then you might have to upgrade you alternator to a more higher output so it will handle the 2 batteries. the process is expensive becuase i did it myself. you have any questions, feel free to email. jsons2fly@yahoo.com

Originally posted by :i wish that way was as easy as it may seem. but it's not. if you have 2 batteries in your car, that extra battery has to be charged by the alternator. and if you have a stock alternator, then you might have to upgrade you alternator to a more higher output so it will handle the 2 batteries. the process is expensive becuase i did it myself. you have any questions, feel free to email. jsons2fly@yahoo.com
Not to mention the fact if the batteries aren't identical you need either a solenod or an isolator. And an extra battery will put more strain on an alternator. Whch is the last thing you need when your trying to squeeze all the current out of it you can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ramos
IMG_5860.jpeg

Brendon Jenness

May 8, 2024