Can I use 50RMS speakers with 60RMS per channel amp?

It'll help actually, a bit more headroom it will give you.
This

and this.

IMO it's better to have a little extra power to work with. Keep in mind that you can set your amp so it won't put out more power than you need. I have 200w per channel amp going to 60w speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

10 watts is meaningless. It takes a doubling of power just to get a 3 db increase in loudness that is perceptible to the human ear. The amp may be rated at 60 watts on a continuous test tone played at maximum volume but in real life while playing music, power output is all over the charts as the music changes in pitch and volume. You probably very RARELY see a true 60 watts from that amp while playing music. You probably don't even see 50 that often.

Always have more (clean) power than the speaker is rated for. This will help with headroom, dynamics, damping etc.

No amount of CLEAN watts can blow a speaker. What blows a speaker is distortion (coming from the amp).

The amp will output distortion when the load of the speakers is too demanding.

Which is the case in most installs I've seen.

It is rare to find an amp that can supply clean and real wattage.

Always have more (clean) power than the speaker is rated for. This will help with headroom, dynamics, damping etc.No amount of CLEAN watts can blow a speaker. What blows a speaker is distortion (coming from the amp).

So 10kw of clean power on a type-r wont blow it?

I hate those amps with fake wattage.

Always have more (clean) power than the speaker is rated for. This will help with headroom, dynamics, damping etc.No amount of CLEAN watts can blow a speaker. What blows a speaker is distortion (coming from the amp).

10k watts of CLEAN power would definetly kill a 500 watt speaker and amps put out distortion when you ask to much of them not just when the speaker load is too demanding, which I'm hoping you meant when you wire the ohms to low for what the amp is stable at.... If you hook up a 4 ohm 500 watt speaker to a 10k watt amp its gonna blow, and to get distortion from the amp you turn your bass boost up all the way as well as the gain sometimes not even that it depends on the amp, some are better than others. So to sum that up not just the load of the speakers which is running a speaker at 1 ohm and the amp can only go as low as 2 ohms. But even if you ran a 2 ohm stable amp at 4 ohms you are gonna get distortion from it if you don't set the gain properly and you run your system at full tilt with no tuning done to the amp.

10k watts of CLEAN power would definetly kill a 500 watt speaker and amps put out distortion when you ask to much of them not just when the speaker load is too demanding, which I'm hoping you meant when you wire the ohms to low for what the amp is stable at.... If you hook up a 4 ohm 500 watt speaker to a 10k watt amp its gonna blow, and to get distortion from the amp you turn your bass boost up all the way as well as the gain sometimes not even that it depends on the amp, some are better than others. So to sum that up not just the load of the speakers which is running a speaker at 1 ohm and the amp can only go as low as 2 ohms. But even if you ran a 2 ohm stable amp at 4 ohms you are gonna get distortion from it if you don't set the gain properly and you run your system at full tilt with no tuning done to the amp.
dude...just close your mouth, you've spewed enough stupid for one day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.