Can L7's handle the Power?

BigDrez
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok...I have mine wired to two ohms right now and it is very loud...at least to me it is. My amp puts out 3000rms at 13.8 volts at a 1 ohm load. I guess it will put out a little under 3500rms at .5 ohm give or take. If my gain is set correctly will this be to much power to split between the two of them?

I am not going to do it until I get my H.O. alternator back from Dom and get a back up battery but in a month or two I am going to at least hook them up at .5 ohm for a day and see what the deal is...

hmmm...this brings me to a different question then...I have the gain 3/4 of the way up at 2 ohms right now...can I crank it ALL the way up at 2 ohms if my electrical will handle it?

NO dont ever crank the gain up like a volume knob because you will be sending a clipped signal

I'm sure with the volume at 1 even with the gains all the way up he wouldn't be sending a clipped signal. Can't just make a general statement like that.

To the OP, set the gains correctly, set them once. Then don't touch it after that. You could very well already be sending a clipped signal if you just put it to 2/3 depending on the volume you listen to.

well it was originally set at where it is set at right now...and I listen to the volume like 3/4 of the way up...and I leave my remote gain control at 1/2-3/4 as well...

im really not to smart at the car audio thing my friends the guru. he set my amp with o scope and showed me a clipped signal. i dont believe you can hear a clipped signal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.