Can my electrical provide the needed amperage?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I ran an m3 on stock alt and xs 1200 and 3400 at 0.5 daily for 4 years. Imo, DD makes the best low voltage amps on the market. Especially below 1ohm

you think I could wire lower lol
If you are competing sure. For daily you could but the efficency is closer to 62-65% instead of 72-74% or so. Before I can't say you won't have issues because im not sure how much impedance rise you will get. I generally don't recommend doing it Because it's much easier to damage your equpiment..

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are competing sure. For daily you could but the efficency is closer to 65% instead of 72 or so. Before I can talk i cant say you will have issues because im not sure how .much impedance rise you will get bit I generally don't recommend doing it Because it's much easier to damage
as long as it stays above 12 right? plus If I build a big box for my specific speakers, wont the impedance rise a good bit?

I hope a ton of noobs dont see this.... but DD amps tolerate 11v fine. The first m series amps were rated at 11.9v. My m3 hit 11v alot. Hell, when i clamped it, i clamped at like 11.5v

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.