can someone check my math please(gain/dmm)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Skoty422
10+ year member

Ok I have a pc275 amp rating: 75x2@4 ohms, 150x2@2 ohms, 300x1@4 ohms

Component speakers rating: 170 @4 ohm

I have them wired to each channel of the amp giving them 75 watts each.

I think the math says the speaker can handle 26v each and the amp gain should be 17v

Right now I have my amp set to 17.2 volts. (on one side it reads 17.2 other side reads 16.8. Y?)

Does this look right? Amp gain is about half way

17.3 V per side should be your target.

Some amps will put out more power to one side. You should be able to adjust the balance slightly using your deck to send more power to the side showing a weaker voltage.

Are you useing test tones?

17.3 V per side should be your target.
Some amps will put out more power to one side. You should be able to adjust the balance slightly using your deck to send more power to the side showing a weaker voltage.

Are you useing test tones?
Don't ask this guy to check your math, he charges for that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Yes I used a 1000hz test tone. I did it with all crossovers on deck on and sloped.(80prs) and the loudness off. I also tried it with the loudness on and it read the same. I thought it would be different? That's what I came up with is 17.3v but I just wanted to make sure I did it right. (that's y I set the high side to 17.2, just to be safe)

If I turn the amp to 3/4 gain it puts out 27-28v.

Thank u all very much! Now about that loudness button... The speakers have a lot more bass response and are still very clear at high volumes. I've read on here to not use that except for low volumes but I've also read it will change the voltage to your amp but when I tested it on/off the amps output voltage stayed the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.