Looking for someone with fiberglass experience

MarkTro

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2008 Porsche 911 C4 cabriolet and am looking for some help replicating a subwoofer enclosure out of fiberglass like the pic below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

IMG_5386.jpeg

That appears to be at least partially made of wood.

Fiberglass work plus sanding and painting til the exposed part looks like a mirror is extremely labor intensive and working with composites like that pretty well *****.

Are you looking for a shop to build one for you or are you going to attempt to take this on as a DIY project?

That appears to be at least partially made of wood.

Fiberglass work plus sanding and painting til the exposed part looks like a mirror is extremely labor intensive and working with composites like that pretty well *****.

Are you looking for a shop to build one for you or are you going to attempt to take this on as a DIY project?
I’m thinking about doing a DIY. Did a lot of car stereo back in the day, and a little bit of fiberglass 20 years ago. I don’t need to have the mirror finish. Carpet would be fine.

Bro, don't let fiberglass scare ya. It's as easy as those projects you do in art class with the newspaper and the flour/water mix. It's just a sheet of fiber cloth, the "glass" material, and a catalyst to set off the glass. You just wanna make sure you don't mix it too hot or you can catch it on fire. What is it that you wanted to know?

Where would you place the subs in this car? It's the same model as the car I'm having transported to you for a master install.. just wanna hear your thoughts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...