Can we say , OWNED?

Embarassed?Im not the one talking out his ass man. Dont make comments about cars with such confidence if you dont know youre ****

The C5 will destroy a 911 in a 1/4. The new 911 S, which has more hp, runs along w/ the stock C6. The old C5 was faster than the old 911. They were pretty close in weight, and the hp/tq was in favor of the C5...

Just take a look at some comparos that some mag's have done...with 2 good drivers, the C5 will win.

I agree with you you blue bleeding s1ut
ty

btw marley is right - has nobody bothered to google the trucks?

http://www.syty.org/drivetrain.html - they were all wheel drive - explicitely outlined on that website - a site dedicated SOLELY to those trucks

I'd still rather have a lightening =)

oooooh, now well see whos the WRONG one, mr. "confident"!! you idiot, i personally know some1 with a typhoon and its RWD!
RWD!!!!
for your own sake,just stop speaking.

You would think I would know about a turbo GMC vehicle...but apparently....I dont?

http://www.turbobuick.com ....check out the SY/TY section...

Your friend is either one of 2 things. 1.)Retarded or 2.)Laughing at you because you believed him.

fatryan-stick to what you do best, and thats being fat, so stop telling us what you think is right, and is completely wrong.

Ignorance is bliss

Built by PAS (Production Automotive Services - Troy, MI, also built the 89 TTA), the Syclone, Typhoon, and S-GT had the distinction of being the quickest production trucks ever to roll off the assemly line.

Both the Syclone and Typhoon utilize a 4.3L Turbocharged Vortec V6, pushing out 285+ HP (disputed to be 330) with 360ft/lbs of torque, with a liquid-cooled intercooler. A multiport fuel system feeds the motor while a TH700R4 automatic transmission puts power down to the AWD drivetrain. 0-60 times range from under 5 seconds (even in the rain!) to a quarter mile time of low/high 13's for the Syclone and mid 13's to low 14's for the Typhoon in stock form. The Syclone's ONLY production year was in 1991 with an estimated 2995 units built, while the Typhoon lasted from 1992-93 with 2500 units built in 92 and 2200 units built in 93. Both trucks feature a specialized ground effects package (known as cladding) and turbine style 16x8 aluminum rims. The Syclone's interior features plush cloth bucket seats with the "Syclone" badge embroidered into the headrest, along with door inserts to match while the 92 Typhoon's feature leather/cloth seats with headrest "Typhoon"embroidery and the 93 features full leather interior with power seats and overhead console. The trucks feature center console holds the leather shifter while a gauge cluster from a Sunbird GT keeps you informed of engine vitals and boost.

Created for sale in 1992, the Sonoma GT took the spot of the Syclone when production ended. With only 806 units produced, the Sonoma GT utilized a high-performance two-wheel-drive version of the sonoma pickup fitted with the L35 195hp 4.3-liter V6 and an automatic transmission and had a "Syclone-like" appearance package.

I raced a typhoon once off a stoplight, and was shocked when I lost. I was like "wtf it's a truck.... and a truck I've never heard of at that"

After that I looked them up and realized why my 96' mustang lost..... less power, no awd.

Edit: I'd love to see one go up against a 2001+ lightening.. even though the lightenings are 2wd, I bet it'd be real close. They do run low 13's stock.

While we're on the subject of fast trucks: how about that new dodge with the viper engine? I'd love to see one of those run a 1/4.

Ill put 5$ every single one was AWD.
Sorry, looks like you are mostlikely right I was reading about the SY Prototype only.

bd5034

The SRT-10 runs the 1/4mi. slower than a the Furd hard to get all that power to the ground. Diesel is the only way to go GMs Duramax is in the 11s maybe less Cummins are even faster for now.

you're lying.... theres no way a diesel can do that.....

well, even if the engine could do it - the truck would be way too heavy/non aerodynamic/too much wheelspin?

if I'm wrong please send me a link so I can take a look - that'd be sick if you're right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

New threads