Cant 100% decide on a alternator...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lonnie
10+ year member

6'6 White Giant
WELL I have decided that I want to be able to bump my system as long as I want without fear of draining my batteries down too much. So I have decided on that I want to put in a order for a alt this Tuesday...after I get paid.

Im considering a 160 amp @ idle 200 amp @ max alternator from excessive amperage...their asking $320. Starting to look like I will be about $20 shy of that.

Dont see a lot of talk about excessive amperage on this forums.

In your own personal experience...which brand is probably the best for the money?

For right now I am running a AP15001d thats probably actually seeing maybe 1300 rms...since its supposed to be like 1492 wired to 1 ohm @ 14.4 volts...I know its not seeing that much all the time. Plan on getting a couple 15s and a better more efficient amp that can also do 1500 rms. Also plan on getting a 4 channel amp that can do around 300 rms to push some comps.

Alt is going in a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am with a v6 3400.

i have a mechman but they never call me back so i say fail on customer service.
Yea I considered a mechman. He said he can do one for $300 thats at 145 amps @ 800 rpm/idle and 200 amps max.

EA alts crapped out on me. I run DCPower, have been since '08 with no problems or failures.
They dont do GM I think. I sent a message though...they dont have GM listed at all.

ordered mine from here. High Output Alternators - Alternator & Starter Repair Kits - Alternator Parts

i got the 220 amp rebuild kit took me about an hour to get it all together (lack of proper tools) only cost me 180 to get it with the better housing. we both use the same alternator and run about the same power I'd give it a try, mine is still going strong and no lights dimming even at idle. BTW their customer service is great lol. you got the cs130d btw. IDK about those other companies except what I hear and most dont respond well to emails..... But i was on a budget and tried this one. they have a 5 year repair warranty as well (1 year if you put it in yourself).

suclk my dicl anf duy mre a drink
Your an idio.../end

ordered mine from here. High Output Alternators - Alternator & Starter Repair Kits - Alternator Partsi got the 220 amp rebuild kit took me about an hour to get it all together (lack of proper tools) only cost me 180 to get it with the better housing. we both use the same alternator and run about the same power I'd give it a try, mine is still going strong and no lights dimming even at idle. BTW their customer service is great lol. you got the cs130d btw. IDK about those other companies except what I hear and most dont respond well to emails..... But i was on a budget and tried this one. they have a 5 year repair warranty as well (1 year if you put it in yourself).
Rather not get a rebuild kit. I know little about cars as it is...lol.

they sell fully built, just the sre assembly or the rebuild kit, i just got the rebuild kit cuz i'm a cheap ass right now. the fully built ones are like 200-240. I learned how to rebuild an alternator out of this too which is a big plus too me I had one go out on me before a while back.personally i think alot of ho alternators are overpriced. Some cost the same as an entire generator

They do anything, call the number to get a quote. Their website *****.
O ok ill call em Tuesday then.

Even though...arent they the guys that their are some horror stories about? WELL them taking like a month to make the alt...and then the alt being overrated. Not sure if it was DC or some other brand with a D in their somewhere...pretty sure it was DC though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.