cant breath with subs in car.

This post made me smile //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif That feeling usually means you are making some serious bass in the 40hz or lower region. I remember two 18's I had tuned to 35hz with about 2Krms powering them and when a test tone hit the world went into a solid blurr, was very hard to breath and you could not clench your teeth together or they hurt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Man that was a neat setup!

my subs can make my teeth click sometimes on songs with good bass lines, ive had people that sit in my back seat tell me that their back went numb from the vibration, that they are have a hard time breathing when the bass is hitting, all kinds of wild stuff....makes me feel like ive done something right lol.

It's called pneumothorax. Check out this article...

http://www.rense.com/general57/coill.htm

that has to be the most retarded website i have ever seen, guess they forgot the number 1 reason for tension pneumo is trauma... what a joke.... never ever have i seen smoking casue TN ... unless your smoking because your on fire

a chest tube is inserted to reomve blood from the same area or some Mds will perform a neddle TCS

for the real answer

http://www.nursewise.com/courses/chestubes_hour.htm

my bass is so loud i think i should get a tube permently inserted into my chest so i can just relieve the air myself while i'm beatin down the block.

im an aerospace engineer major right now at ut. i dont know a whole lot about speakers but i can explain whats happening. its like when a bomb goes off, the most dangerous thing about bombs is the sound waves they create. they both share lowfrequency sound which when it hits the body it creates an equal echoing force on the inside of the body which in the case of the bomb is so powerfulit will liquify the innards but make no impact onthe out side. the speakers are creating pressure on ur lungs cause they are pretty much hollow. if u try to force them open u could actully rip ur lung. or if the strength over comes ur lungs strength it will implode. both are bad.as much as we all love big bass..people do die from it

im an aerospace engineer major right now at ut. i dont know a whole lot about speakers but i can explain whats happening. its like when a bomb goes off, the most dangerous thing about bombs is the sound waves they create. they both share lowfrequency sound which when it hits the body it creates an equal echoing force on the inside of the body which in the case of the bomb is so powerfulit will liquify the innards but make no impact onthe out side. the speakers are creating pressure on ur lungs cause they are pretty much hollow. if u try to force them open u could actully rip ur lung. or if the strength over comes ur lungs strength it will implode. both are bad.as much as we all love big bass..people do die from it
actually i think the most dangerous thing bout a bomb is standing next to it...

The system may also have applications in crowd control. Powerful, low-frequency sound can cause disorientation and nausea. In the 1960s, the US tried unsuccessfully to use low-frequency sound from helicopters to disable enemy soldiers in the Vietnamese jungle. But the sound sources needed were so intense that they almost shook the aircraft apart, and most of the sound was absorbed by those nearest to the loudspeakers. According to Norris, acoustical heterodyning could pinpoint an individual up to 200 or 300 metres away by positioning the interference zone correctly.
New Scientist; Sept. 7, 1996; "Perfect Sound from Thin Air"

i believe someone from this site actually lost sight in one eye from bass.... if it was loud enough like 160dB++ id believe u could die.

i dont believe that..... i've sat in 160 + cars while they were burping just to see what it was like (this was on TL sensors) and i didnt have any problems. it was hard to breathe but nothing painful or that i couldnt handle.

i think you are all reading into this to much. this is my theory on the subject...

ever stuck your head out the window of a car going 55 + mph?? well its hard to breathe because the air is rushing past you so fast you cant take it in. its not that its forceful, its just to fast.

same thing with a subwoofer. its pulsating so fast/moving air so fast at certain volumes you just cant inhale.

yes i did compare a moving car to a subwoofer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif and its logical to think about it that way. atleast i think so.

I believe there is a point when sonic wavelengths could kill you, but I dont think there is a documented instance.

You would go deaf and become a veggie before you would just drop dead, imo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.