Car Audio Mergers....who owns who?

Memphis Owns:
Fulmer Helmet Company

Purchased AURA (now defunct)

Fultron (defunct)
Fultron and Memphis are one and the same.....Fultron simply changed it's name to honor the city in which it started out and is still based in, there wasn't a buy-out or anything......IIRC but I could be wrong but I don't think so:D:D:D

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Memphis_Belle_(Fultron)/

Says they were bought by Memphis.

Just to clear it up...Memphis is under the same ownership as Fultron used to be. Fultron is no longer an active company name....although it seems to live in Infamy.

The New Re-Name spawned a re-birth to the company, the line and the quality of the products, along with a complete refresh to the image and structure.

Memphis is a privately held company, a family owned business founded by Arthur Fulmer in 1919. Today, his grandson, Arthur Fulmer III, is at the helm.

Hes an interesting person. Relatively quiet, mostly reserved. He has a huge heart and wants nothing more than to see our industry thrive and come full circle. Back to the days of "The Independent Retailer" They very strongly support that type of atmosphere and culture.

I have personally met him and got to share a beer or 3 with him in Vegas at CES 07'. We were invited to and got to enjoy their "dealers only" party, open bar, private outdoor patio on the strip, great dinner, Appearance by and attendance of Eddy Kay (Memphis' Supporter, Business Affiliate, and Co-conspirator, among other titles, another great guy), and a live band that KICKED SOME ARS!

DONT GET IT TWISTED!

The days of Fultron are long gone and are now nothing more than an intelligent marketing move on Memphis Car Audio's part for the future growth of the company and the 12 Volt industry.

If you dont know....you should!

Check them out!

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/

SW

Memphis is a privately held company, a family owned business founded by Arthur Fulmer in 1919. Today, his grandson, Arthur Fulmer III, is at the helm.

SW[/quote

Arthur Fulmer started the "Arthur Fulmer Co" first then Fultron around 1965, then the name was changed to Memphis in the mid to late 90's, so no I don't have it twisted you do! I was selling Fultron products in the 90's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

SW[/quote

Arthur Fulmer started the "Arthur Fulmer Co" first then Fultron around 1965, then the name was changed to Memphis in the mid to late 90's, so no I don't have it twisted you do! I was selling Fultron products in the 90's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

Wow....is every body on this forum so self concious they go on the attack right away?

Did you ever see me quote you on here about you getting it twisted?

Do you yell at the TV when Unique Whips comes on and Castro Says "dont get it twisted!"?????????????? F YOU WILL>>>I DONT HAVE IT TWISTED>>>YOU DO!

Simmer down there turbo...dont be so dark hearted.

Simmer down there turbo...dont be so dark hearted.
It's in my nature.....lol

Sorry bout that......it's all good, it just goes to show that we both have a love for this industry....no hard feeling o.k.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

^^^ ---aawwww. they made up. how sweet.

is mcintosh an independent company?

whats the name of the peeps that own zapco? i heard it was an italian company but thats about it.

you know someone should make an alphabetical list of companies past and present. then people with knowledge of those companies can advise on who owns who. i know the list would be long but we dont have anything better to do anyway

speaking of past & current accounts:
tc sounds:

soundsplinter, eclipse, incriminator audio, stereo integrity, stryke audio, sv, elemental designs, mmats, aerial acoustics, shocker audio, lightning audio, rockford fosgate

destijl engineering: (frc soundworks):

re audio, ascendant audio, onyx, blueprint, adire audio
resonance engineering:digital designs, audioque

image dynamics:

image dynamics, arc audio, elemental designs
oem work does not mean companies have merged.. please get that straight.

IIRC Image Dynamics is a free standing company owned by Eric Stevens as Squeak pointed out.

Helix and Brax is from Audiotec-Fischer, not Maxxsonics.

Please explain. The end for Aurasound?

Excuse me. I just contacted My Memphis rep. He was my source of that information. He mis-spoke. He told me that AURA's technology with the Bass Shakers was not going to be used in the MEMPHIS line. The way he expressed it to me when we were speaking a couple days ago, he was giving me the impression that when memphis had purchased them, they were no longer going to be in productions. I did not do the 1st hand research to dive in. I did go to the web site. It looks fully funtional and very much alive. I too was in question of the information but it didnt sink in too deeply. He mentioned that the MSNYC Line of midrange speakers was technology that Memphis did bring to the table from Aura...I will get a more accurate explanation from him shortly. I will also edit my post so not to reflect any incorrect info.

Thanks for asking about that!

Edit: this is the exact text I just got back from him. I did understand him correctly the first time.

"Aura is no longer in biz, we purchased them when we were Fultron. Then changed the name to Memphis and incorporated their technology."

What Spokane shop are you at? I am stationed there, and I return in about a month from deployment. I might want to stop by and say what sup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.