Car speakers suddenly stopped working one day but stereo still turns on???

Participant count
  • Participant list

jakej1996

Mt
I got in my car one day and the car stereo still turned on but no sound from any speakers. Not even static, I have a 1996 Dodge Intrepid with the infinity sound system. Do I have to replace the stock infinity amp orrrr?

I got in my car one day and the car stereo still turned on but no sound from any speakers. Not even static, I have a 1996 Dodge Intrepid with the infinity sound system. Do I have to replace the stock infinity amp orrrr?
find ur stereo fuse and pull it (with vehicle off of coarse) and then put it back in and turn ur car on and see if that works, my mothers car does that sometimes, everything turns on but no sound, if that does not work and assuming this is all stock then u may need to replace, but its odd that they would both go out at the same time, it could possible be the head unit, but pull the fuse 1st so u can get a reset and see if that works.

When I bought the car it came with a pioneer head unit with stock speakers. It worked fine, I hopped in one day and the unit powered up but no sound or static and it couldn't find any radio stations, am or fm. checked the fuse, it was good. Even replaced it and still nothing. I replaced the deck with a used dual that I knew worked. Still same problem, Its getting really frustrating.

When I bought the car it came with a pioneer head unit with stock speakers. It worked fine, I hopped in one day and the unit powered up but no sound or static and it couldn't find any radio stations, am or fm. checked the fuse, it was good. Even replaced it and still nothing. I replaced the deck with a used dual that I knew worked. Still same problem, Its getting really frustrating.
that sounds like a problem with your antenna/ant wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.