CDT Audio

If you haven’t looked yet

CDT has 50% off sale right now
Thanks man. Ill, be checking that out!! I want some those 2" Mid/tweets!! I need stop buying stuff.!! 👀 👀 👀 :poop: :poop:!!
Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

Some must haves from this sale :

HD-M6+ pair at $114. 12 mm of xmax and these babies go deep! I was involved in the very first prototypes of this driver. Run with the wide bands in a two way or in a 3 way setup, these are excellent when run sealed. They also make epic drivers for a ported bookshelf setup in the house or garage!

ES-06+ pair $129. Also with 12+ mm of xmax and a copper shorting ring, these are similar to the ones above but can reach higher frequencies better and do have better midrange sound.

Wideband and unity drivers. With the ES-02A at $99 and the unity drivers starting at $114, these are a must have. I remember all the back in 2004 cdt was working on designs like these but they never came to light. They invested into their 4” offerings instead and brought the ES 07 series which was absolutely incredible. I ran the 3 way setup at the time which cost a ton of cash but was one of my all time favorite sets. Wish I never sold those 🥺. Let me edit this to add since this set is bringing back some epic memories right now, I had those 3 ways run off a Phoenix gold MS1000ta on the front channels which bench tested at 280x2 rms at 4 ohm with the rear channels bridged at 4 ohms to make over 1000 rms to a pair of TC9 motored 12” subs run sealed. That setup sounded so sweet 🥰🥹

Last edited:
Some must haves from this sale :

HD-M6+ pair at $114. 12 mm of xmax and these babies go deep! I was involved in the very first prototypes of this driver. Run with the wide bands in a two way or in a 3 way setup, these are excellent when run sealed. They also make epic drivers for a ported bookshelf setup in the house or garage!

ES-06+ pair $129. Also with 12+ mm of xmax and a copper shorting ring, these are similar to the ones above but can reach higher frequencies better and do have better midrange sound.

Wideband and unity drivers. With the ES-02A at $99 and the unity drivers starting at $114, these are a must have. I remember all the back in 2004 cdt was working on designs like these but they never came to light. They invested into their 4” offerings instead and brought the ES 07 series which was absolutely incredible. I ran the 3 way setup at the time which cost a ton of cash but was one of my all time favorite sets. Wish I never sold those 🥺. Let me edit this to add since this set is bringing back some epic memories right now, I had those 3 ways run off a Phoenix gold MS1000ta on the front channels which bench tested at 280x2 rms at 4 ohm with the rear channels bridged at 4 ohms to make over 1000 rms to a pair of TC9 motored 12” subs run sealed. That setup sounded so sweet 🥰🥹
I have these in my doors in sealed pods. I kinda wish I had bigger pods though. There isn’t much in the way of ts specs on these. How would these sound in a ported box shelf system for midbass? Say a 45-50 HZ area tuning with a HPF at just below port tuning?

I have these in my doors in sealed pods. I kinda wish I had bigger pods though. There isn’t much in the way of ts specs on these. How would these sound in a ported box shelf system for midbass? Say a 45-50 HZ area tuning with a HPF at just below port tuning?

You are running the cl series 6x9’s currently in sealed pods and wondering how they will do in a bookshelf setup ported? I remember in the early 2000’s cdt started development on some 6x9 offerings. There was a prototype I had that used cast frames, similar motor to the ES-06+ but the gap depth was a little deeper, same diameter coil but increased winding width for more xmax. In the bass department these things pounded for 6x9’s lol. They never brought them to market as not many would have spent the money for a 6x9. That 6x9 you linked is more geared toward IB use. If I had to guess, to use it in a ported style enclosure you will want .5 cubes each and run them no lower then 45hz. They should do decent in this application but the Es-06+ drivers in an enclosure just like that will definitely impress! I use to be blown away how low they could go. With the es-02A’s it would make for a sweet setup! Just be sure if doing this in a bookshelf (Or a sealed door pod) you separate chamber them as the es-06+ will move way too much air around for the 02a’s cone to handle.

You are running the cl series 6x9’s currently in sealed pods and wondering how they will do in a bookshelf setup ported? I remember in the early 2000’s cdt started development on some 6x9 offerings. There was a prototype I had that used cast frames, similar motor to the ES-06+ but the gap depth was a little deeper, same diameter coil but increased winding width for more xmax. In the bass department these things pounded for 6x9’s lol. They never brought them to market as not many would have spent the money for a 6x9. That 6x9 you linked is more geared toward IB use. If I had to guess, to use it in a ported style enclosure you will want .5 cubes each and run them no lower then 45hz. They should do decent in this application but the Es-06+ drivers in an enclosure just like that will definitely impress! I use to be blown away how low they could go. With the es-02A’s it would make for a sweet setup! Just be sure if doing this in a bookshelf (Or a sealed door pod) you separate chamber them as the es-06+ will move way too much air around for the 02a’s cone to handle.
Yeah. I have them in sealed pods as midbass, but I’m going to do some fiberglass and run dual 6.5s instead. I was thinking of using the 6x9s for a bookshelf speaker to pair with a sub, or a high powered BT stereo similar to this one with a side port.
7ACAE312-CF77-466E-9F58-1529CC0C3B13.jpeg

Yeah. I have them in sealed pods as midbass, but I’m going to do some fiberglass and run dual 6.5s instead. I was thinking of using the 6x9s for a bookshelf speaker to pair with a sub, or a high powered BT stereo similar to this one with a side port.View attachment 54841

You can use the 6x9’s in that application to experiment and they should do decent but they most likely aren’t gonna be amazing. The es-06+ with any of the wide bands would be epic in a bookshelf setup. Dual Es-06+’s in sealed doors would definitely be sweet! .5-.6 cubic feet of internal volume sealed per pair is all they will need. I gotta see if I can find the video I had of them during prototype development. Those little things can move 😅.

When I first signed back up here after many years, I sent a message to @djdilliodon! bc he's the first person when I was 16 years old and got my first car that I ever bought speakers from. They were CDT Audio.

I've never had or heard a CDT product that wasn't good.

I've considered buying some again, but I use the Recoil Echo Pro RPM365 in a 3-way so I can demo how good some cheaper speakers can sound and bc I like products with high value.

In the last few months for subs, I've used Recoil PW12, Blackbrick, square Kicker, Memphis mojo, Skar SDR, and right now I have 2 12" Skar EVLs hooked up. The highest quality shop near me is a Skar and Memphis dealer, and they had somebody return the EVLs so I bought them from them super cheap so I could try them out. I hate building enclosures, so I send people to them if they ask me about a box or need high-end custom fabrication.

Hopefully I can sell the Skars soon for like $350 in the box. Then I think I'm going to to run a single 18" for a change.

I bought a few of their 3 way sets a few years back. At the 50% off price point you can't really go wrong with any of the stuff on their menu. Worth jumping on if you have any use for components or coaxials in the foreseeable future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...