CDT HD-61 PRO CR2 or Image Dynamics CTX 65cs or other? Looking for Budget set

Participant count
  • Participant list

Northstar
10+ year member

Orlando
Looking for some nice SQL speakers... I been very happy with my ID CTX65cs and ID CTX rear fill speakers for my Supra.. I have a new daily car that I need to upgrade the stereo asap....

The stock Jeep Wrangler Unlimited speakers are horrible..worse stock speakers ever lol.

Looking for a nice budget speaker set no more than $300 ish give or take..I can always go with what I know, but I don't mind trying different speakers for my daily vehicle.

Thanks in advance!

The Cdt are very old. Prolly a woofers warehouse deal. Still nice but I'd say about 8years old on the shelf. If anything is wrong with them. It will be hard to warranty them out

Cant go wrong with the CDT's. They are great speakers for the money and hold up well over time.
A couple other sets you should look at are:

CDT Audio CL-62 6.5" Mid-woofer Component Set

or a front/rear set might do you well. I believe they are 6.5" in the overhead bar correct?

CDT Audio COM-626CR Front Comp Set & Rear Fill Coaxial

We can always help out price wise as well.
Thanks for the suggestions.. the CL line looks good

Thanks for the links Vertex... Am I going a bit backwards? I thought the HD line up was a "step up" against the CL line? .. I mean those are still are awesome deals..

Are you suggesting I go with CL-62 CS and just get a rear fill speaker? (Spend more on the front stage)..

I am not stuck on CDT stuff btw.. I saw some decent reviews of Incriminator Audio.

Thanks for the suggestions.. the CL line looks good
Thanks for the links Vertex... Am I going a bit backwards? I thought the HD line up was a "step up" against the CL line? .. I mean those are still are awesome deals..

Are you suggesting I go with CL-62 CS and just get a rear fill speaker? (Spend more on the front stage)..

I am not stuck on CDT stuff btw.. I saw some decent reviews of Incriminator Audio.

It just depends. Personally I think the CL 62 is a much better set than the HD 61. I feel like they are not as full/complete. For example, the HD 61 has the tw 26 tweeter. Thats the same as the CL 62, however all HD sets should have the HD 100 tweeter.

The HD 61 PRO CR is a sweet package though and like mylows mentioned is a new release by CDT. The COM 626 is a cheaper alternative without compromising much quality imo.

As far as Incriminator vs cdt speaker wise CDT takes the cake easily. The Incriminator I65c is a nice set but not near the level of the CDTs.

I don't have experience with CDT but the ID are nice. Had the v1. Huge mid and very pleasant tweeter. The version 2 of those look nice too. I have XS line tweeters now and I'm very happy with them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.