CDT Question

Participant count
  • Participant list
IMG_8270.jpeg

See I had my in the upper sail panels and mid in the door. And they were super bright. Thats why CDT said they were designed to be closer to the mid.
Gotcha, I had mine in upper sails in my truck previously but when I got this comp set, I moved them down to lower sails. Blends really nice. I’m satisfied but then,Are we ever!! Haha

I may try a set and do away with my rear fill, its weak to me anyway. I would like to get just one component set, 2 x tweets and 2 x 6.5's to be enough for a daily. These recoil's comps are ok, but they are brash when you start throwing power at them, they are killer for the money though. I was scared of ruining them in water, but I will just have to be careful off road and get a good set.

Last edited:
I have the cdt cl-62pro and find the tweeters pretty bright. I have the hu tweeters crossover set between -3db and -5db depending on the day and song. That said, I didn't do the install myself this time, so not sure if the crossover is set at 0,+3 or -3. It's behind the dash and seemed easier to just adjust hu as opposed to pulling the dash off.

I have the DRT20 3/4" soft dome and its extremely bright. I called and talked to CDT and their suggestion was to move it closer to the mid in order to get it to blend. I had it on the Ex-560CDiEX crossover at the lowest setting. Don't get me wrong, I love CDT, just not the tweeters. I guess I am just used to a warmer silk dome tweeter.
Might be the 3/4" - better off-axis response and/or sensitivity could lead to a brighter sounding tweeter. I'm not sure why they recommend moving it closer to the mid to solve the brightness. I'd try moving it off-axis. Another simple trick is place a couple layers of speaker grill cloth in front of the tweeter to tame the sound. You could also put on L-pad on the tweeter to knock down the sensitivity another few db.

Sometimes the brightness is caused by a reflection, try rolling down the windows and see if that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...