Change the way you think about speakers with unreal accuracy

I don't want to steer you away from what you want but 4 12s would be loudest in that cabin..

Then again I love single sub systems that blow people's head off..

I don't want to steer you away from what you want but 4 12s would be loudest in that cabin..Then again I love single sub systems that blow people's head off..
I do not doubt you are right about them being loud, but loudest.....not necessarily. You cannot determine that without a basis. What is the reasoning for you believing that?

152 with a 18 is obtainable..Just remember that phase between the rear wave must be 3G longer than the front wave..

A couple measurements can get you very close without guessing..

Phasing in a ported alignment are extremely important..

What six and tune your using ad well as sub and port area?
That is also not necessarily true. That would depend on many other things as well. It is not a concrete solution to every enclosure that utilized resonances.

I figured u was gonna use the xcon 18 in ur sig..Larger drivers are more efficient but you must have the correct alignment..

In the explorer I'd say a signle 18 if you want a single woofer will be your best option..
Again, basing this on output. This is also not correct. Efficiency is based on the coupling of the driver and the enclosure and vehicle with keeping the electrical to acoustical transfer as close to 1:1 as possible. It has nothing to do with output with the exception that output is the outcome of efficiency, but does not mean high output vs low output.

For a ported box, wouldn't it be good to align/match front wave with back wave? If it would how do you calculate or create this in a box design along with setting tune/port area/internal volume/etc..

complex_conjugate.png

For a ported box, wouldn't it be good to align/match front wave with back wave? If it would how do you calculate or create this in a box design along with setting tune/port area/internal volume/etc..
Yes, and the phase is not just determined by length, but location and direction as well. In reality, to actual couplling, the simple wavelength formula is simply not enough, though those who do not take the time to actually measure it do not notice the difference. This is perception at its finest. As far as figuring for all of this...that's not something that can be properly explained in a post or two. Using generalization is merely a basic of what is actually constructed.

So what happened to this magical unlimited power 0% distortion woofer?

IMO if you actually have some idea/patent the home theater crowd would be better to pitch this at. The kind of jamoke that pays 5 grand for RCA cables is just your man to buy your new transducer with the unobtanium motor and glued with unicorn tears.

Because I've built some Of the loudest systems as a teenager..

The 4, 12s in those cabin are the loudest daily drivers..

I'm not going to sit here a break the physics and acoustics down..

Yes, and the phase is not just determined by length, but location and direction as well. In reality, to actual couplling, the simple wavelength formula is simply not enough, though those who do not take the time to actually measure it do not notice the difference. This is perception at its finest. As far as figuring for all of this...that's not something that can be properly explained in a post or two. Using generalization is merely a basic of what is actually constructed.
So your going to knit pick my statements lime I don't know this stuff?

It's a well know fact that keeping the port and woofer closes together on the same plain having the same phase between the two gives you the best acoustic coupling..

not ever install can accomplish that( I did it with 2 punch he2 10s and hit a 146 with 1k at 32hz) but I didn't know that ethier..

So what happened to this magical unlimited power 0% distortion woofer?
sad as I know how much you know about the subject..I never said anything about unlimited power or 0 distortion..

You can do anything to hurt or intimidate me.. Why I know this because when u mention what I'm trying to do you have no idea on how it could work..

IMO if you actually have some idea/patent the home theater crowd would be better to pitch this at. The kind of jamoke that pays 5 grand for RCA cables is just your man to buy your new transducer with the unobtanium motor and glued with unicorn tears.
Lmfao it has nothing to do with the motor!

a lot of it has to do with the motor on traditional drivers, that's why you see copper rings and pole pieces along with different types of magnets. It seems your trying to create something that really isn't all that needed, if some one knows how to design the system correctly and doesn't get lazy they can reproduce a flat uncolored sound stage with just about any type of driver

Because I've built some Of the loudest systems as a teenager..The 4, 12s in those cabin are the loudest daily drivers..

I'm not going to sit here a break the physics and acoustics down..
But I will //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

a lot of it has to do with the motor on traditional drivers, that's why you see copper rings and pole pieces along with different types of magnets. It seems your trying to create something that really isn't all that needed, if some one knows how to design the system correctly and doesn't get lazy they can reproduce a flat uncolored sound stage with just about any type of driver
Precisely

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.