Cheap 2 channel for rearfill suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

spokey9
5,000+ posts

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
I think this is last thing I'll need (until something else catches my eye and I redo my system 😂) I need a solid 2 channel that'll do 100-200w at 2ohm per channel for my car coaxed in the rear doors. I'd prefer class d (but open to high efficiency ab) with decent crossovers and not noisy. I'd be highpassing these at 150hz. I don't need anything fancy or high dollar 😂

I keep coming back to the jensen xda92rb since i cant really find anything bad about it besides being jensen 😂. Figured I'd ask for suggestions before buying anything. I'd prefer to be under $100 and space matters so bridging a 4 channel wouldn't be ideal.

I initially put out the tS 400x4, not 2ohm stable bridged.
I thought you were linking the 400x4 😳

Taramps might be the way...I'm really close to the max my electrical can accommodate at peak draw...so efficiency might end up making the choice for me 😂

Might take a look at a Sound Digital 4 ch to see if you can find one in your budget. $100 bucks for a Class D going be tight budget. All my 2 chs are A/B amps that i have laying around.

I thought you were linking the 400x4 😳

Taramps might be the way...I'm really close to the max my electrical can accommodate at peak draw...so efficiency might end up making the choice for me 😂
I recently installed one in my brother's sort of resto-mod 70's turd yellow currier to power a set of D series Pio coaxials, pretty impressive! So much so that I went out and got the BASS 400 to put in my grandson new ride to power a NVX 12. He's 18 and now thinks I'm the coolest grandad around!

Might take a look at a Sound Digital 4 ch to see if you can find one in your budget. $100 bucks for a Class D going be tight budget. All my 2 chs are A/B amps that i have laying around.
If I had more headroom...I've got a got old ab punch 2 channel I picked up in a trade for some leftover install goodies I had laying around 😂

And next year I'll be buying an astro (just gotta find the right one) so I'll be going a different direction with mids and highs so I don't really want to put out much on something short term

I recently installed one in my brother's sort of resto-mod 70's turd yellow currier to power a set of D series Pio coaxials, pretty impressive! So much so that I went out and got the BASS 400 to put in my grandson new ride to power a NVX 12. He's 18 and now thinks I'm the coolest grandad around!
I like taramps and love my smart3 and the ts400x4 i had installed was really solid...those pots just **** 😂

Totally get it. Never in my life did I think you could ever get 250 watts a channel for $60-70, NEW! Wattage is crazy cheap these days.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...