Cheapest 1000 watts out there

do you care if its a piece of crap?
not really.

just the cheapest that will run daily.

I just sold my rf p1000-bd rated benched at 1300 and I really miss it lol so I want to get another amp that will push just as hard for cheaper then I sold it for and still come out on top

if I wanted to buy your **** I would go look in the classifieds.
lol, If you had my negative experience with Memphis amps, you could truly call them ****. I had TWO PR 2.75s, "professionally" installed replaced under warranty. One M class ordered online, arrived DOA with transistors broken loose from the circuit board. One MOJO ordered online, arrived with transistors broken loose from the circuit board.

I heard Memphis improved their design, but I'll be dаmned if I will EVER purchase another one of their amps!

I'd look for a used SAE-1000D
A Crossfire BMF 1000D would also be a good amp to find used, as long as it is in working condition.

As for new and cheap, I would probably go Hifonics, even though I have managed to slam them till no ends. I was not impressed with a BXi 1608d that started to clip @ 800 watts RMS with a 2 ohm reactive load. A 1208 or a 1608 @ 1 ohm would probably get you 1000 watts RMS. I would go with the 1608 just to be sure:D

lol, If you had my negative experience with Memphis amps, you could truly call them ****. I had TWO PR 2.75s, "professionally" installed replaced under warranty. One M class ordered online, arrived DOA with transistors broken loose from the circuit board. One MOJO ordered online, arrived with transistors broken loose from the circuit board. I heard Memphis improved their design, but I'll be dаmned if I will EVER purchase another one of their amps!
I would say memphis makes some of the best budget sub amplifiers that I have ever used. The secret is DO NOT buy them online! Find an "authorized dealer" to buy your amp from. Half the stuff online is crap (regardless of the name brand) because it's either "B" stock or refurbed. I have had the same memphis M class amp in my truck for the last 6 years w/no problems. I also beat the crap out of it. the shop i work at sells a ton of memphis product and we don't have any issues with the quality of that brand. The only amps that I like more than the memphis are the JL audio slash series and the ARC Audio amps.

-Kevin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.