Chevy Cruze Pioneer Sound System

Participant count
  • Participant list
No it's just a pair of 6x9s and a center speaker on the dash. Same speakers as the regular system with a baby 17x7 amp. Only reason I would've got it was for the USB port as my lt didn't have one but. Since metra is making a dash kit and wire harness not I'll just buy an aftermarket deck with way more features

Anyway, I wanted to ask what if I purchase the $400 upgrade and trade in the speakers with a different set? 2 tweeters and mid range up front, 2 full range in the rear and if possible 2 10" subs in the trunk, preferably Pioneer's shallow mount subs to save space, and a mono and 4-channel amplifiers. Don't know how good the 7-channel amp is that comes with the premium sound upgrade.

i just put it up there its like 17 watts a channel. btw the tweets **** mine blew in the first week, the factory mids are ok if u deaden your doors and sincei dont have the 6x9 sub i cant really say there. when i sat in the car at the dealer with the system i looked at the gal and said not worth my money since i will be replacing it anyway.

the factory amp cannot push subs and isnt much better than the regular radio.

swap the door speakers in the front deaden the doors leave the rears factory and drop something decent in the trunk cause its sealed pretty **** good and bass doesnt travel through that back seat well. the car peaks around 58-60 hz mine is 58hz but thats mine im deadened pretty good. if you have a car specific question just let me know since i have the car.

btw the cars voltage is controlled by the ecu so its not a regular 14.4 system. the alt is only on when u are off the gas. gives u 8 miles per tank more yippee

Just found out the Cruze only has slots for 6x9 speakers at the back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. Just when I was planning of maybe dropping 10" subs in it. Guess have to stick to my original plan. Two 10" Pioneer shallow mount subs rated at 1200w each in the trunk. Then wiring it up to a Pioneer GM-D8500M Class-D Mono Digital Amp with 1200w of power, it also comes with a wired bass remote. I was looking at a Clarion Mono Amp but found out it costs around $600 while only giving out 850w, while Pioneer's costs only around $300. You think that's gonna be enough to penetrate through the backseat?

I've yet to come up with a full speaker replacement for the premium upgrade which I may not purchase anymore. (if only they could offer it without the subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, so I won't have to deal with two huge holes at the back after I take them out, I only want it for the usb)

I'm having problems picking a head unit. Any good suggestions?

Just found out the Cruze only has slots for 6x9 speakers at the back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. Just when I was planning of maybe dropping 10" subs in it. Guess have to stick to my original plan. Two 10" Pioneer shallow mount subs rated at 1200w each in the trunk. Then wiring it up to a Pioneer GM-D8500M Class-D Mono Digital Amp with 1200w of power, it also comes with a wired bass remote. I was looking at a Clarion Mono Amp but found out it costs around $600 while only giving out 850w, while Pioneer's costs only around $300. You think that's gonna be enough to penetrate through the backseat?
I've yet to come up with a full speaker replacement for the premium upgrade which I may not purchase anymore. (if only they could offer it without the subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, so I won't have to deal with two huge holes at the back after I take them out, I only want it for the usb)

I'm having problems picking a head unit. Any good suggestions?
i personally dont have the premium sound and have factory door speakers. they sound fine just not super loud. that clarion will put out more than the pioneer as that 8500 doesnt put out 1200w its more like 800rms. but id recommend the alpine mrp500 from best buy before both of those. its like $230 and is a solid amp. the pioneer subs will not take more than 400 a piece anyway. and thats prolly not gonna give much bass in the cabin unless you flip the back seat down. personally id look at soundsolutionsaudio.com/store most of the stuff will do great in the car and is decently priced

as far as headunits im planning on a clarion nx501 which is a nav touch screen with tones of features. the wire harness is like 180 online and 280 in local shops. i recommend buying from sonicelectronix. the dash kit is supposed to be out but none of my local distributers have it yet but but sonic does for like 20 bucks

Is it possible to remove that thing in the trunk with holes for the 6x9s so I can place the a different size sub instead?

And if that's possible, what size subs you think can fit in there and can you recommend a good sub?

But if it isn't possible, where do you recommend placing the subs?

At the moment I'm checking out stuff at soundsolutionsaudio.com/store, Thanks for your suggestions so far

i would not cut the back deck unless you really want to put the time in and do a good infinite baffle design. id recommend a pair of tens like the ssa dcon or a single twelve you just cant put a sub like a p2 or cvr or w3 in their and expect much. the trunk is sealed up tight and you need something good to make decent sound. i had a memphis c3 on 700w and it didnt do near enough for me.

my personal recommendation

2-sa10s and a sundown 1200d at 1 ohm

2-ssa dcon 10s on the same amp at 2 ohm

or 1 good 12 or 15 like a sundown z of ia deathrow, or the ssa icon in the same amp as above

my system is in my sig

I checked out the amp you recommended, and I must say, it's an incredible amp for the price. Also, would you recommend I get the Alpine MRP-F300 for the rest of the speakers? I'll probly settle for the 2 10" sa-10 and build an enclosure and place it right behind the backseat. And you're right, it'd be a lot of work cutting the back deck. I'm still checking out other options though. They sure made a good job of insulating the cabin from outside noise.

Another thing, does your Cruze come with a proximity key with a remote start?

TL; DR but anyways, I'm assuming you decided againast the pioneer premium sound system, but if not, just buy the bone stock and switch it out. Not worht the $400 and you can do better (it's kind of liek an ugly chick you see at a bar and you keep drinking until she looks pretty). Anyways, you cna do better. especially for $400

Yep, finally decided on getting the stock audio for the Cruze. Found out the rear 6x9's aren't good enough. I've had a previous bad experience from Pioneer's 6x9 subs. I had a couple installed in my old '97 Corolla back then. Made a simple setup, two full range both front and rear doors and two 6x9 subs at the back but they weren't enough to push the bass. All speakers were Pioneer. Wired it all up to an equalizer and a 2 channel 300w amp. My head unit was a Pioneer KEH-P6450 with a 6-disc changer underneath the front passenger seat.

At the moment, I am searching for a good 4-channel amp for the rest of the speakers.

As for the head unit, I'm choosing between a Clarion NZ501, Alpine INA-W900BT, Alpine INA-W910, and Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT.

well if u like the apline mrp500 the mrpf300 is a good decent price 4 channel. but if you want two sa10s id step up to the mrp1000 of the sundown 1200d.

and yea they made one solid as hell car. check under the carpet they have 2inches of open cell foam.

you cant go wrong with any of those headunits.

Im think of also purchasing the MRP-F300 too. It's very decent for the price compared to other amps and have very good reviews.

What kinda Rockford amp you have on your setup? I've been looking for it and can't exactly find which one it is.

Ill decide whether I'll stick with the two 10" or just one 12" once I purchase the car. Gotta have a good measurement of the trunk and see how I'm gonna install a sub in there.

For the head unit I'm definitely liking the Alpine INA-W910. But my options are still open incase there's I find something better.

I'm a lil concerned bout powering all these as it's my first to install this much in a car. I currently own a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Alpine 10-speaker upgrade and left it just the way it is.

So with a new head unit in place, what happens to the factory installed audio control?

Forget the last questoin. My friend just showed me a Cruze showcar and the audio controls were removed and replaced with the new headunit. What's the use of the stock upper screen after installing a new headunit?

or if it's possible to install on the upper screen, what happens to the factory audio control including the one on the steering wheel?

2 minutes later:

@winkychevelle - Just found out the solution to the problem. I researched bout what you said on your first reply about Metra making a dash-kit and harness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.