Chimes way to loud!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scot T.

CarAudio.com Newbie
Not sure if has been addressed, Have a 2018 Silverado with aftermarket amps and factory head unit, as many probably know when you add an amplifier you also amplify the door chime and blinkers which run through the head unit. My question is has anyone found how to either get rid of the chime altogether or even better yet lower the volume with maybe Resistor. I know I could use different speaker outputs since the signal is only sent to the drivers door and dash speaker but was hoping to keep fade and balance settings used on factory unit. Have looked at factory wiring diagrams but I’m not an electrical engineer so probably wouldn’t know what I’m looking at. Have also already tried the factory setting to lower chime, but even at low setting is still LOUD. Any help from my fellow audiophiles would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if has been addressed, Have a 2018 Silverado with aftermarket amps and factory head unit, as many probably know when you add an amplifier you also amplify the door chime and blinkers which run through the head unit. My question is has anyone found how to either get rid of the chime altogether or even better yet lower the volume with maybe Resistor. I know I could use different speaker outputs since the signal is only sent to the drivers door and dash speaker but was hoping to keep fade and balance settings used on factory unit. Have looked at factory wiring diagrams but I’m not an electrical engineer so probably wouldn’t know what I’m looking at. Have also already tried the factory setting to lower chime, but even at low setting is still LOUD. Any help from my fellow audiophiles would be greatly appreciated.
Not familiar with the car but you can either run a resistor in series with the chime speaker (provided it's seperate...) or you'll need to unplug/cut the wire that send the chime in the first place.

I suggest you ask on a silverado/sierra oriented forum, it's hard to get vehicle specific answers unless it's an extremely common and somewhat older vehicle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.