Choice of12" sub

wetwipe

Hello,

I am a newbe. I had a 12" Alpine E-series sub (700W, white with black rim) that did an excellent job. I really liked its excursion, the sub's flexibility in general so to speak. But then it broke and I replaced it by a Power Acoustic PW2 and I am not happy with the sound at all. So I want a similar sub like the Alpine I had and I was thinking of the (outgoing) S-Series 900 W. Question1: Is this excursion greater than that of the old E-series? Question 2: What other sub brand and type is comparable to the E-series regarding Xmax. wattage and other specs?

Any advice is helpful.

What is your budget? How much space do you have? What are the specs of the box you are using, or are you willing to buy or build a new box?

The new Alpine lineup is pretty solid, if you were happy with the S series before, you will be happy now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The new Alpine lineup is pretty solid, if you were happy with the S series before, you will be happy now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
the car in your sig... is stupid. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

the car in your sig... is stupid. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
IDGAF //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif - It's a daily driver to save me $ on gas & wear & tear on my baby & I didn't even pay for it - I'll bet you can't say the same

IDGAF //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif - It's a daily driver to save me $ on gas & wear & tear on my baby & I didn't even pay for it - I'll bet you can't say the same
yes... im sorry if I drive a nice vehicle daily, that I paid for, and gets great mileage.... real insult there buddy, dont know if I can recover from that one...

yes... im sorry if I drive a nice vehicle daily, that I paid for, and gets great mileage.... real insult there buddy, dont know if I can recover from that one...
That's gr8, wow good for you, no really... You must be doing so well for yourself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif go ahead and waste your money chump, I fix shyt & turn profits for a living so I don't have to waste money on a daily driver that gets abused in city driving & parking... Oh and WHEN THE FVCK did the general discussion section turn in2 the thunderdome? Save your stupid comments for someone who actually gives a shyt b1tch boy

i was going to suggest something like the sundown e-series but according to alpins site the new S series has 15mm xmax (excursion) vs the sundown of 12mm xmax and the wattage RMS on the alpine is 500 vs 400. seems like alpine is stepping up their game some, might just go with the new line up of s series OP. gl.

sundown e series

E 12D4 Sundown Audio 12" Sub Dual 4 Ohm E Series 800 w Bass Subwoofer E12D4 New | eBay

or

12" inch Audio Technix Dual 4 Ohm D4 Strato 400W RMS 800W Max Sub Subwoofer | eBay

audiotechnix strato

DCON 12 Sound Solutions Audio 12" 300W DCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

or the dcon

or incriminator i series

http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/Incriminator-Audio-I-Series-12-Subwoofer-34p357.htm

in this power range these are the best imho depends on what amp you are using and what you want to spend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That's gr8, wow good for you, no really... You must be doing so well for yourself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif go ahead and waste your money chump, I fix shyt & turn profits for a living so I don't have to waste money on a daily driver that gets abused in city driving & parking... Oh and WHEN THE FVCK did the general discussion section turn in2 the thunderdome? Save your stupid comments for someone who actually gives a shyt b1tch boy
You seem uneducated... Maybe its time to go back to school before it's too late...

You seem uneducated... Maybe its time to go back to school before it's too late...
YOU'VE ADDED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO THIS THREAD BESIDES YOUR SNIDE REMARKS YOU DUMB MOTHERFVCKER - Why don't you go and waste someone else's time dipshyt

[quote name='NIHL8ION']YOU'VE ADDED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO THIS THREAD BESIDES YOUR SNIDE REMARKS YOU DUMB MOTHERFVCKER - Why don't you go and waste someone else's time dipshyt[/QUOTE]

do you have anger issues? and @wetwipe ; the sundown sa12 is a great woofer. can be utilized in almost any enclosure alignment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.