Civic help

Participant count
  • Participant list

SRim23
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
OH
so i have a 2005 honda civic ex SPECIAL EDITION. ive got a double din eclipse unit in there but there are gaps around it. i cant find the install kit i need. all kits ive found online say 01+ civic (not SI or special edition)

anyone know where i can find the double din kit i need?

double din kit should be the metra 99-7801. it is for older hondas, but it is the double din version of the metra 99-7898 (which is the kit the 05 special edition uses)

Iso mount it and trim it with plexi or acrylic.
Kits in Hondas look like **** IMO.
honestly you wont even see the kit. itll literally just filling a tiny tiny gap thats around the unit. the SE that i have is literally just a square cutout, not like the triangle cutout most 01-05 civics have.

Even more reason to trim it out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But its your car just a suggestion.

you should make one instead. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i hate the dash kits they make for mine. i liek the factory flip down pocket. and witht he kit i use i have to use a crappy open pocket. they have 1 other kit for my car which allows me to use the stock flip pocket but the headunit trim peice is a thin crappy ass peice of plastic. :/

you should make one instead. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifi hate the dash kits they make for mine. i liek the factory flip down pocket. and witht he kit i use i have to use a crappy open pocket. they have 1 other kit for my car which allows me to use the stock flip pocket but the headunit trim peice is a thin crappy ass peice of plastic. :/
i considered just cutting out a piece of mdf and painting it and putting it in there but im not crafty at all, and since i got this one for 2 bucks (had 9 dollars in paypal i forgot about!!) i figure itll work.

heres a pic when i had my n1 instead of the double din. as you see you cant even see the kit but in person itll be just enough to fill those small gaps.

2366047_4_full.jpg
[/img]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.