Clutch slipping?

Synyster97XLT
10+ year member

Reppin' the 304
Well, I think my clutch is slipping.

When I accelerate a little more than the minimum needed to keep my engine going, my tach goes up, and I don't see the speedometer go up nor do I feel it going any faster. And I'm pretty sure it's the clutch, just wanting to get an affirmative before I drop $150 on a new one.

Yeah your clutch is slipping alright.
Thanks man. I have had problems with the clutch pedal before, and I fixed them. I double and triple checked everything, and the pedal is just fine. I guess that will be $150 more sidetracked on my last woofer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

lol yes I do design websitesjkthedesigner.com
I went to that site. That's some real **** right there. Props for you, this is coming from someone who can't even generate a scroll box for his images on myspace.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I kind of can, but if it slips, wouldn't it rub against the flywheel and smell awful like a normal burning clutch?
to an extent...

the clutch might be so far gone that there isnt much left to burn

if it studders under a load then it is most likely your clutch, something might even be adjusted wrong

to an extent...
the clutch might be so far gone that there isnt much left to burn

if it studders under a load then it is most likely your clutch, something might even be adjusted wrong
Well, I think I'm gonna tear my transmission apart and do some tinkering before I buy a new clutch wheel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Synyster97XLT

10+ year member
Reppin' the 304
Synyster97XLT
Charleston, West Virginia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date