CMX kicks

i had CMX kicks. to aggressive for my taste. i could not get them dialed in right for the life of me. 200rms should be fine if you're running passive. to me they just sound to harsh. i could not get them to sound right via crossover OR eq, active. and i was only sending the tweets 25 watts each.
yeah i was running them passive at 200 a piece

And I will be getting in my set of CMX Kicks within the next couple of days, thanks to jblayz1. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
I had a set of non-Kick CMX's a couple of months ago, running them at 210w RMS passive, and they sounded great. They are a little on the agressive side, but I kinda like that with a component set, personally. I don't like Focal or MB Quart aggressive, but the CMX sound works really well with what I like in my sound.

I hope all turns out well with your Kicks, Ryan. If you can't get them replaced for whatever reason, i'd look into a set of Boston Pro60's or the Pioneer Premier 720 comps.
if i cant get em replaced im flying over to germany, buying an assault rifle, and going to the rainbow factory

if i cant get em replaced im flying over to germany, buying an assault rifle, and going to the rainbow factory
LOL Now that's 'affirmative action'.

I know you bought them brand new from Aaron, so I'd assume one of the perks of buying brand new would be a hookup of a replacement set of speakers if yours don't work anymore.

Aaron(PremierAudio) is a good guy....he actually sold me a pair of SLC Kicks a while ago. I hope he can help you get this resolved. This is a kicka$$ set of comps once they're wired up right and tuned.

hmmm.. that's weird that you find them to harsh. i have the kicks also and it can be harsh some times, but most of the time it sounds just about right. i have my tweets on the sail panels so that might have helped a little with the harshness. when i had them pointed at the windshield, they did seem pretty harsh. i'm running passive right now but thinking about running active if i ever get the alpine 9887.
latin, did you make it to the meet?
Hey man! Nah, I wasn't able to make it to the one this Past Saturday....it ended up being too soon to make time for it.

I definitely am planning on coming to the next meet. When I do, I'll either have a set of CMX Kicks(passive) as my front stage, or a pair of CAL26 Titans and a pair of Profi Kick mids being run active as my front stage. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would agree that the CMX kicks have some excellent midbass, But I dont care for the tweeter. IMO this set would have been perfect if they would have came with a silk tweet.

I have to really dial down the tweets on my CD7K's eq and they are still a bit bright.

LOL Now that's 'affirmative action'.
I know you bought them brand new from Aaron, so I'd assume one of the perks of buying brand new would be a hookup of a replacement set of speakers if yours don't work anymore.

Aaron(PremierAudio) is a good guy....he actually sold me a pair of SLC Kicks a while ago. I hope he can help you get this resolved. This is a kicka$$ set of comps once they're wired up right and tuned.
yeah hes been really helpful already. i just hope he really comes through on this one. i know i didnt send them a clipped signal so theres no way that this problem could be my fault. i still gotta take em out and test each driver but its kinda hard to do when your up at school and dont have a driveway to work in.

I would agree that the CMX kicks have some excellent midbass, But I dont care for the tweeter. IMO this set would have been perfect if they would have came with a silk tweet.
I have to really dial down the tweets on my CD7K's eq and they are still a bit bright.
has anyone thought about replacing the tweets on this? i've been thinking about replacing my tweeters with some seas neos just to see what they sound like. they're pretty cheap tweeters.

I am running my Cmx kicks off a PG ti600.2 which is 150x2. And I can say that these components arent very efficient. My edi 6500's got much louder with less gain on the same amp than these do. I am seriously considering ditching these. They havent impressed me very much to this point.

I am running my Cmx kicks off a PG ti600.2 which is 150x2. And I can say that these components arent very efficient. My edi 6500's got much louder with less gain on the same amp than these do. I am seriously considering ditching these. They havent impressed me very much to this point.
are there any other speakers that you're considering?

are there any other speakers that you're considering?
I really dont know, I really enjoyed the edi 6500's I had, so hopefully eD releases the 6800's some time this year and I may pick up a set of those.

But, in the mean time, Theres not much out there that really jumps out at me. Maybe a set of RSD's. But do they have metal tweets as well?

Seeing as I have a ported 16Ov.2 in my car(99cougar hatchback) I need something very efficient off of 150rms/ side.

well, i just unplugged the comps and replaced the fuses. then i tried turning it on, fuses popped again. so i guess that rules out the comps and pretty much means i have a fried amp, correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.