comaro

f250
10+ year member

I want a comaro but can't spend 30k dollhairs. I'm pretty good with the other cars and engines. Don't like the new computers and everything on the new cars. My question is, since they stopped making um in 02, I would get a 2010. Could I.buy a blown one, and put in a old 350 and just get it rebuily and put in a bigger cam, bore out the pistons, ext ect and just not have the computer for the engine and all? Ik I sound like a Retard but I don't know anything about the new cars....

Yeah, you could do it. But you would spend over 30k doing it. No point in doing all that just to avoid electronics.

Yeah, you could do it. But you would spend over 30k doing it. No point in doing all that just to avoid electronics.
What would I spend all that money on? I can do the work. Except for boring out the pistons. I can replace the rocker arms and push rods, cam, ect. Nit doubting you. Just wondering haha

A 2010 Camaro in even decent shape is gonna run you at least 18-20k. If you already have the motor available then you can save on that. But a lot of metal and fab work would have to go into it. You would have to make mounts for the new engine. The new engine wouldn't mate to the existing tranny, so you would have to make mounts for all of that. If you can do ALL of the work yourself, you could probably stay under 30k. But it would be hard, tedious and take a while.

A 2010 Camaro in even decent shape is gonna run you at least 18-20k. If you already have the motor available then you can save on that. But a lot of metal and fab work would have to go into it. You would have to make mounts for the new engine. The new engine wouldn't mate to the existing tranny, so you would have to make mounts for all of that. If you can do ALL of the work yourself, you could probably stay under 30k. But it would be hard, tedious and take a while.
I'd buy just the body of a camaro. So shouldnt that be less than 10k?

It would be hard to find one that new at a junk yard that doesnt have body damage that you would have to fix. That would drive your price up more.

It would be hard to find one that new at a junk yard that doesnt have body damage that you would have to fix. That would drive your price up more.
Yeah I guess. Like I said was just wondering. Iv always wanted a comaro but couldnt ever afford one.

It can be done but no one in their right mind would do it. You would need a complete shops worth of fabricating tools. You would basically have to redesign the whole car.

I'd spend a quarter of that money on teaching yourself about modern electronics. Being ignorant doesn't mean you should resign yourself to working in the Stone Age.

I would learn how to spell Camaro. Also, would be pointless and expensive to convert the car as stated.

98-02,with the 6spd,around $3800 + 150 shot,would walk all over any "streetable" old school sbc combo you can come up with..and be cheaper and way more reliable..

Give me a built, stroked and blown 69 SS ANYDAY!!!!!! Like everyone said, get an older one if you really want to go old skool custom and you will eat all the newer cars to **** as long as you know how to drive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

f250

10+ year member
f250
watertown, SD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from