Coming back into Car Audio, help me on my new front stage.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jdm94Coupe
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok here is the background story. I ran 2 sets of JL XR 6.5" Components in my old bmw, alpine 9887 HU, memphis mca5004 on the mids/highs.

What I want now, is a component set superior to what i had before with both component sets. If not, then as long as it is better then the old set of xr's in volume, clarity, etc.....

I just got a alpine iva-205 from a buddy of mine and he gave me a set of jl xr 5.25 component CROSSOVERS only.......

1. Is the Alpine IVA-205 capable of running active if i ever decided to experiment with that??

2. Can I make my own set of components based off the crossovers I currently have? Or will i not be able to get the sound I want from these crossovers?

3. My girl works at BBUY so i can get a good deal on some stuff i need, some things they dont carry..... I'll probably get a four channel from them and bridge it most likely.

BTW, the new vehicle is a lincoln aviator......

i can do components too,what do you need
#1 . something with a warranty

#2 . something with a very smooth tweeter, that can still get loud enough for me not to need rear speakers

#3 . something with very sharp, aggressive mid bass

#4 . something able to handle 150 on each side, daily

these Super 2.2 Cast 6.5” 2 Ohm Sub-bass 2way new from me with warranty pm me for a price
I forgot the guys name who I talked to about those, he said he thought they wouldnt have enough "volume" for me. have you personally heard those before? i think he was a cdt dealer as well. its just so hard to pick out components and pay soo much money and have never heard them before. i wish i could hear these in person.

THe W205 isn't active capable.

No need to use the crossovers if you buy a proper component set. It will come with some. Alpine Type-R are an option if you can get them at cost.

Speakers will only sound a good as the install. If you want it to sound great, spend more effort on install than speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.