competition worthy???

Nice find no clue though wich is better for what you want. you could also just get a single 15 sundown z or some dc lvl 4 or 5. Maybe even a dd 9915. All of these are more for competition though.

OP, why not get half a dozen mid level 12's? Sundown SA, Skar, DD 2500, etc? It would be less money, get you to the same place, and you'd be way less likely to blow up woofers than trying to run 3500 to a pair or single sub. Also if you plan to hit 150 I'd advise against 35hz tuning. Stay above 40...

Also AFAIK most orgs have box size limits...not so much volume, but like must be below window line, or can only be a certain hight up from the floor. Definitely be well worth considering. It ***** to build your box an inch to high and have to compete in a class with guys with full walls and 20KW.

OP, why not get half a dozen mid level 12's? Sundown SA, Skar, DD 2500, etc? It would be less money, get you to the same place, and you'd be way less likely to blow up woofers than trying to run 3500 to a pair or single sub. Also if you plan to hit 150 I'd advise against 35hz tuning. Stay above 40...
Or that. six SA-12's would be pretty beast. You can usually get a pretty good deal on b-stock or used. Also maybe look into interchangeable ports for musical and burp tuning. Like 35hz and 46 hz or so.

You've named 30 different subs and haven't said which organization you plan to compete in. It seems you need to slow down and do some research before jumping into something like this. Like hispl said, it would **** to build your box a half inch too large and have to compete in a different class with people running 4 or 5 times the power.

OP, you might have to go back to the drawing board and establish your goals clearly along with a budget....then find out if your going to compete in spl competition only or BE ABLE to compete in spl from time to time.... then decide which organization you like most (probably whichever one is closer to you).... true competition systems take tons and tons of time, money, and effort not just an expensive woofer.... knowing the equipment you choose and knowing your vehicle is a majority of the work... your enclosure design is 60%, electrical and power is 30%, and your woofer is 10% of your spl builds... have fun and good luck!

honestly, I guess I just want to get a 150 db daily driver... Competition would be nice but I'm only sixteen and between a full time job and school I barely have time to hook stuff up.

honestly, I guess I just want to get a 150 db daily driver... Competition would be nice but I'm only sixteen and between a full time job and school I barely have time to hook stuff up.
you are using a toyota camry right? or some sort of toyota car? if so the only ways ive seen a 150 from a car is to A. wall off the truck of your vehicle with probably 2 15s and send a true 6kw to them and put at least 2 group 31 batteries with as many runs of 0 as possible ( trucks are VERY hard to get loud in but it is possible) or B. wall the vehicle off from the b pillar and fit whichever woofers you like and send a true 3kw to them..... true wattage meaning after impedance rise... that will make or break your goals IMO

You've named 30 different subs and haven't said which organization you plan to compete in. It seems you need to slow down and do some research before jumping into something like this. Like hispl said, it would **** to build your box a half inch too large and have to compete in a different class with people running 4 or 5 times the power.
thank you sir. i have only said that like 3x in this thread, and the OP still neglects to say what org or what class

**** all of you. you guys are ********. I just wanted some help. Sorry if im new to this and dont know that much about car audio. I would think that you people would want to help me but whatever Ill do it myself.

**** all of you. you guys are ********. I just wanted some help. Sorry if im new to this and dont know that much about car audio. I would think that you people would want to help me but whatever Ill do it myself.
HERE'S YOUR ANSWER:

you are using a toyota camry right? or some sort of toyota car? if so the only ways ive seen a 150 from a car is to A. wall off the truck of your vehicle with probably 2 15s and send a true 6kw to them and put at least 2 group 31 batteries with as many runs of 0 as possible ( trucks are VERY hard to get loud in but it is possible) or B. wall the vehicle off from the b pillar and fit whichever woofers you like and send a true 3kw to them..... true wattage meaning after impedance rise... that will make or break your goals IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.