Component 6.5" recommendations for a crew cab f250.

MrOneEyedBoh
10+ year member

Md,USA
Im running a shallow mount TS-SW3001S2 push by an AT 800.1 amp and I bought a PPI 900.4 amp for the components. The amp will be ran at 4ohm and puts out 100rms at 12v.

I just dont know what I want to go with... Im interested in the ID CTX65 ( I seen them recommended a lot ) and I found a used set of Rainbow SLC265s ( 115 shipped, older model, looks decent, giving me a 3 day return ) I dont know about buying used because I dont want to get shafted on the deal, but that seems like a decent deal. But for another few bucks I can get brand new CTX65s... None the less, what do you guys recommend?

My limit is around $200.

The used ones have be questioning them. Looks like the surround might be bad or damaged and he said there is rust on one of the terminals. I dont know if that means they are damaged as in they were staying wet or what.

Link to where to guy just bought them from about 2 weeks ago. Has be wondering why he is selling them so fast, but maybe it just didnt work for him?

Link.: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speaker-classifieds/554156-fs-like-new-box-rainbow-slc265-components.html

here is the surround

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

haha bro I over shot my budget by 250 last night.. the fvck.. Its eassssyyy to spend more then you allot at the time of planning. What did ya have in mind? Maybe I can find them used.

haha bro I over shot my budget by 250 last night.. the fvck.. Its eassssyyy to spend more then you allot at the time of planning. What did ya have in mind? Maybe I can find them used.
what i have in mind are used and normal cost is $450 for these ,but they are barely used

I plan on going with cdt for my next set up have heard nothing but good things about them. Unfortunetly my wife left me and put me in a bit of a rut but when I get everything back in order thats what I am going with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.