Component or Co-axial with my setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bmouthboyo

UK
Hi everyone,

I am looking to add some ICE to my Vauxhall Frontera B 4 x 4.

I have an Alpine UTE-93DAB head unit to install and have fixed my Pheonix Gold QX300.4 which I dug out from when I was a young lad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I also have 2 x Kicker 10" L7's powered by a KAC 9104D Mono Amp which I bought second hand but not used yet.

hA8qI6c.jpg

Few questions:

1) For the front speakers I was planning to install some SPG17C2 Co-axial speakers (60 RMS) powered by 2 channels on my PG Amp (60 RMS) and leaving the other 2 channels unused. Are Co-axial's good to use in isolation with subs or would components be preferable?

2) I plan to only use the 2 x front speakers as the rear seats are always down to make a big trunk area and I think the sub would drown them out anyway. I could only fit small speakers due to the mounting space. Is this sound thinking or should I attempt to wire some to my 4 channel amp?

3)My Sub / Amp enclosure has this device on the rear which I assume is some kind of gain control?:

UHJaiYo.jpg

I am a bit unsure how I connect my sub RCA Pre Out lead to this as the connectors currently are bullet types:

js6aulP.jpg

Any advice on how I can connect to this or if i should bypass?

Thanks in advanced all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That box is an loc converter box used with a factory deck to give an aftermarket amp rca inputs you won’t need it with your alpine deck ..
Ah so it is used with head units that don't have RCA pre outs?

I guess I bypass it and plug mine straight into the amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.