component speaker install in 91 civic hatch

Participant count
  • Participant list

nismo240sx1

NY
ok here's what i have. 1 set of ppi carbonfiber components 6", 1 set of ppi pro aluminum 6" midbass drivers in qform kick panel w/ tweeters from carbon component set, 1 set of memphis 6.5" coaxles, 1 set of polk 5 1/4 coaxles, 2 ppi a404 4 channel 40x4 amps, 1 jbl 10" (bridged mono) in a qlogic sealed box, pioneer dehp7300 cd player.

my question is.... i'm trying to figure out what to use for my highs i was going to use the components in the front tweeters and aluminum cone ppi's in qform. i was going to put either the memphis 6.5's in the door, and the midbbass drivers from the component set in the rear. but i was also thinking about putting the midbass in the doors and the polks in the rear but i wasn't sure if that would be overkill on the midbass in the front.... any idea's or help would greatly be appreciated. all the highs and mids are wired in stereo to the crossovers. please pick my stereo apart

Well you would deffinetly have the higher spectrum covered, most people dont put any thought into that. As far as over kill, if you stage everything properly that shouldnt be a problem. You are the one listening to it, and well if you postion everything right, the mid bass wont over power the highs and everything will blend, which is what you want. Check out some compatition vehicals and they have several midbass drivers in the front, either in kick panels in the doors or where ever they can put them. I would try and mix and match, and maybe you will find that one of them doesnt fit with the others. Its impossable for me to tell you what will sound best. That is up for you and your friends to tell... Good Luck and Happy Happy listening

thanks i'm gonna try it out and see how it works i just got another 4 channel menace 400watt amp for 100$ so i have plenty of power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.