crossover installation

Participant count
  • Participant list

thinnz

NZ
I've just started installing some Lightning Audio S1.62C Components and was wondering where the best place to install the x-over is...(close to the HU or the speakers) as I am a newbie to this, can anyone help?

i'm not an expert on this but most systems i've seen have the xover near the amp. with my old amp and xover they put the xover under the amp under my seat.

to make a long story short, my opinion is by the amp.

my bad, by the speakers for componets. i've seen the xover in the doors w/the speakers.

The x-overs for the components are usually closer to the speakers. I'm assuming that these are front door speakers so there isn't too much room to work with. I have installed 3 sets of components in the past. 1 set of x-overs went under the seats (cut small hole in carpet for the wire), 1 set went under the dash board (worked nicely), and the other set went inside the doors behind the panels. This was not a good idea because I didn't noticed the water spots inside. After the next rain fall I had a pair of shorted out x-overs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.