Ct Sounds 2000.1d just went up in smoke

Yikes I would be sending pictures of that to them. I know I wouldn't be hooking it up like that. Looks like it was used or returned or refurbished and then sent out.

Certainly peculiar. If it were some tools I’d think light oil to inhibit rusting, on an amp, not so much unless the bag was already wet from oil when packed, but that would have been missed in quality control which *****.

You did already, but yeah I would first contact the company and ask if it is safe to power up like this.

It very well may not hurt anything, but questionable and warrants asking the company directly. They should see it was just delivered based on tracking / shipping info so not like you had it sitting around for months in a disgusting workshop.

Certainly peculiar. If it were some tools I’d think light oil to inhibit rusting, on an amp, not so much unless the bag was already wet from oil when packed, but that would have been missed in quality control which *****.

You did already, but yeah I would first contact the company and ask if it is safe to power up like this.

It very well may not hurt anything, but questionable and warrants asking the company directly. They should see it was just delivered based on tracking / shipping info so not like you had it sitting around for months in a disgusting workshop.
Yep, as soon as ups guy gave it to me, I opened it up and took pics and emailed Ct sounds. Awaiting reply to see if they say to go ahead and power it up.

I'd just clean the board and sink with 99% alcohol.
He can if it comes to that, but if it blows up they are going to blame the install, and then he’s SOL. That’s not what you want to see on a brand new amplifier, or any electronics for that matter. If they ignore him, that might be his only option, but see what they say first.

He can if it comes to that, but if it blows up they are going to blame the install, and then he’s SOL. That’s not what you want to see on a brand new amplifier, or any electronics for that matter. If they ignore him, that might be his only option, but see what they say first.
Probably just some polymer migration. I wouldn't worry about it.

I think you’ll really like the Kappa Perfects. I have the Kappa 6x9s in my wife’s suv and am impressed with them for the price I paid. I did swap the tweeter though. Their tweeters can’t get very low (mine wasn’t supposed to go below 4K) so I think they would match perfect with their mid.

I think you’ll really like the Kappa Perfects. I have the Kappa 6x9s in my wife’s suv and am impressed with them for the price I paid. I did swap the tweeter though. Their tweeters can’t get very low (mine wasn’t supposed to go below 4K) so I think they would match perfect with their mid.
Swapped out the xovers and mids but kept the cdt drt-26 and I’m really liking the sound. I’ve always thought that infinity mids lack midbass based upon reviews but I must say, I now have more midbass compared to the cdt mids.
The infinity xovers are huge and look to be well put together for passives.
I

I’m running active so I never did mess with the crossover but it is big. I had a lot of fun trying to fit my Image Dynamics CXS 64’s crossover in my old truck. I’m glad you’re enjoying them. I think you got them at a good price from what I see on crutchfield currently. Hopefully the amp issue gets figured out. I had an amp that had a little bit of that as well but not near as much. I was already out of warranty so I cleaned it up and it’s been fine. Better to be safe in your case though for sure.

They just replied and told me to run the amp and to let them know if there are any problems!! Fingers crossed!

Mounting the amp with some feet to lift it up about 3/4” for some air flow under it.
665669CC-2393-4E0F-92CC-75B49149D84C.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...