custom build for 2005 chevy tahoe.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slyspy81

so i am wanting to do a custom build in my tahoe behind the third row seat. i want to do 12's, possibly 3 or 4 if 4 will fit across, wanting around 3000 watts (rms) of subs. not looking to spend an outrageous amount of money. looking for some opinions on subs and amps to run. i was thinking xfl 12's and a vfl200.1. any other ideas would be great, looking maybe around a max of 400 per sub and then get and amp to match. after electrical upgrade of course. thanks for any input as to what to run or if i can get it to work.

I believe obsidian audio would be a great choice. 600 rms each and only $150 ish a piece. Won't require a huge electrical upgrade which will save $ allowing for more money going into the amp. A vfl150 would be good for 4 obsidian 12's

Jm2c

I would highly recommend the new Alpine type R's. They are loud as hell and handle 1K but I'm sure they can handle a little more. Plus they're 159 a piece. Here is a video of my cousins playing in the box I build for him.

so i am wanting to do a custom build in my tahoe behind the third row seat. i want to do 12's, possibly 3 or 4 if 4 will fit across, wanting around 3000 watts (rms) of subs. not looking to spend an outrageous amount of money. looking for some opinions on subs and amps to run. i was thinking xfl 12's and a vfl200.1. any other ideas would be great, looking maybe around a max of 400 per sub and then get and amp to match. after electrical upgrade of course. thanks for any input as to what to run or if i can get it to work.
Does your not a lot of money budget include about $600 for the electrical needed for 3000 rms plus the power for the front stage amps?

I would highly recommend the new Alpine type R's. They are loud as hell and handle 1K but I'm sure they can handle a little more. Plus they're 159 a piece. Here is a video of my cousins playing in the box I build for him.

Best idea on this post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.