Cyn's - - - 007 Impala Build Log...

TtxpDmdW

g5TAbYoD

was going to do a double layered spacer system but I didn't have the clearance so I had to drop it back to a single spacer.. I will be redoing these with a 1" spacer in the future and get a better seal on the door and doing a few other things to the door.

erjpaGzD

amps in on a temp rack for now.. Zapco 360.2 / AQ 1200.1 , will be doing a 2" lifted angled rack with 1/2" shock absorbant spacers in the next few weeks.. These racks will go into the rear fender well somehow.. Will also be putting a 1/4" plexi sheet speaker guard in soon.. will be 4-5" away from the sub with 1" slots in it and frosted..

62445d6O

Well, this morning I was playing around with some settings and so forth on the HU and Amp for the Front Stage, I'm thinking the Zapco might be a little too much for the mid's until I can get the Tweeters in to breakup some of the wattage going to them. Gains are completely down on the Amp, HU Settings on Mids are 2500khz , -4 .. Highs 10,000khz , +4 .. Sub 160hz , -6 .. Sounds about perfect on them but still getting A little over drive on them every once in a while. Over all I am very pleased with the mid range I have now.. I think after I finish the doors up the way I want to I will get a better response out of them that will pick up a few area's that have a slight issue. I know once I put the new tweets in it will give a much needed Higher Freq. response that I am missing still since I am using the Stock Tweets until I have the time to modify the Sail to get them in.

Plans for this week.. Get the Re HC out and sent to Hispl for an upgrade , going from the 12" to a 15" .. Depending on my work schedule and so forth as to how much Time I will be out of town this week I will start messing with the Sails.. Tomorrow I'll be in Arkansas for the day so I know I will not be working on them today or tomorrow or even Wed... and this weekend well I'll be busy with GF so It might be another 2-3 weeks before I can get them done..

Future Plans.. Remove the Rear stage completely from the rear deck.. Buy some door panels for all 4 doors to modify and chop up so I'll have a factory set still.. Make some closed pods on the front doors for the front stage, Add my Rear Stage to the rear doors instead of the Rear Deck.. Get about 100-150sq ft more of Deadner and 50Sq ft of MLV for the cabin. Get some Ensolite for all the doors.. Get new 1/0 AT or KNU power/ground wires to run from the front to rear battery and install the rear battery.. Get the local shop here to make me some Distro's.. "We will see how much of this I actually get done tho"

you want to seal off the large holes in the door. those alone will cause the speaker to be unloaded and easily over-driven.

you want foam weatherstripping around the speaker so it seals to the door panel. that stuff is so cheap yet makes such a difference. i'll find a good pic from another member.

E2r5N0k1

lUgZzJ7o

irzotDel

A few things for the new build... Got muh woods cuts... 2 Sheets of Builders Grade Ply.. 2 Custom Built Super Shocker Extreme 12"s ..

Update... Box Build...

0F5gcMUV

VgJYiiok

Ptupqq2s

69r9IoAx

Olur1Aga

fEmq6gPJ

FSxDBCk4

B4wRduV4

Jz5eRikC

YbZmk5EO

I've yet to put on the last end piece, as i'm waiting to get the port in before sealing the side up so I can do some cleaning and touching up with more caulk if needed..

Did Alittle more work today on the box... got the ports in, and painted the box... still have the one side piece to get on.. Will end up doing it tomorrow when time permits me to get it done... would of had it done today but had other things to do...

jLy7yYSh

mOJzEDSB

Vo6ac7pX

IX37woWH

IIew7WMJ

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.