DC Audio level 4 wiring Q

Participant count
  • Participant list
im buying a DC audio level 4 15" w/ 1.2k amp soon and am pretty sure i know the answer to this but i have a debate to settle with a not so knowledgeable friend and wanted to make sure: originally, it runs 1400 watts @ 2 ohms per voice coil. if i run the coils in parallel to the monoblock, does it then work 2800 watts @ 1 ohm or stay at the 1400 watts.

ill be showing the "friend" this post once it gets replies

thanks!

a sub doesn't run wattage. That is up to the amp to run power.

The sub (sounds like a dual 2 ohm) is slated to handle 1400 rms (each voice coil rated at 700 rms) total

That sub will handle 1400 rms no matter. If you get a dual 2 ohm sub, you can run it at 1 or 4 ohms and no matter what you run it at, the total rms power will always be 1400 rms

So to answer your question in your terms, it will stay at the 1400 watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.