DD haters

They more than likely felt that he wasn't pushing their products hard enough and decided to go a different direction. I've seen it happen frequently and they are hardly the only company doing it. If you aren't ordering their required minimum per year to be a dealer they will find someone else that will.

They more than likely felt that he wasn't pushing their products hard enough and decided to go a different direction. I've seen it happen frequently and they are hardly the only company doing it. If you aren't ordering their required minimum per year to be a dealer they will find someone else that will.
Very true, and if you are a current dealer then you are aware of your contract.

Yep exactly. I've never been on that side of things, always been an installer/sales but i'm aware of how some aspects of the business works. Who knows, maybe some day i'll dabble in the idea of running my own shop.

Being an audio junkie i could care less what the stuff looks like, if it's fine equipment i'm buying it. Everything these days is about looks and it's hilarious. Guys would rather buy some chrome amps that **** than some basic looking ****** stuff. Cracks me up.
Never understood the wish for looks. Maybe in some rare cases sure, but other then that...naw.

It just seems counter productive to me. I'm not very impressed with their business practices. My buddy was a DD dealer, and DD allowed another local shop to become a dealer as well and he lost nearly all of his DD business. As soon as they required a quota, he just couldn't keep up and dropped them. It's really a shame how they run their business, they make some great products.
Okc is the worse foe territory restrictions as they virtually do not exhist. Yet they still have various requirments on quotas.

Many companies do push for quotas but that is a quickly diimg market. I only have one company we sell at the shop that still has a quota and it is in no way a firm quota. Everyone else had buy ins to secure an area of sales protection.

I troll facebook alot ....When it comes to amps nobody is making that kind of power in that small footprint on 12v. DD may not be for you or your wallet but why hate or deny when the proof is everywhere for so many years?

Apparently you troll here a lot as well. Either you're a troll or never seen a Brazilian amp. Secondly, DD is by far not the end-all be-all of car audio. The DD-Z sub is an awesome platform, but everything else they make is pretty comparable to a dozen other things you could have.

About the only thing DD is really ahead of the pack with is the fanboys' level of douchbaggery. Frankly it's the attitude of the DD fanboys why I'd never touch their product.

So you choise visual then preformance first then why did you go with Audiobaun, audiopipe, and Kicker? Sorry bud but everything you say is now invalid.
What I had to start with they aren't the best but they did the numbers and didn't look half bad, and that was going off 15year old thinking I was new back to the game, I have learned a **** ton from people just like you over the last couple months and appreciate everything you all have to say, hence why all that is gone and my 15" IA death rows are being built right now and by the time they arrive so will two IA 20.1s for power, still gonna use the PA xover and run three way active front with CDT, all elec already done and most of deadening, so as you see I have learned a lot from you guys don't be an azz just because you asked a question and I answered with reasons for my answers in a very simple manner, if you are gonna fight with every answer then why ask, is someone not allowed to not like something just because they don't like how it looks? If you gave me one I would run it till I could sell it and then buy something else, no hate just no love for them that's all

DD's amps are made in Korea...as are so many other amps. I worked for DD in Sales a few years ago, and DD amps then were QC'd at the factory only. Their subs, I know quite a few of the craftsmen and women who built the subwoofers. They cost more because they aren't built on an assembly line with robots, they are built by hand, glued by hand, soldered by hand. They were very good subwoofers. I can only attest to what I know back in 2009...I don't know about the build quality now.

Amplifier QC was still only done over seas (up to 2011 anyway) and the assembly was still done here on most of the drivers. However, the assembly process and personal at that time generated it's own issues in some cases. I know the staff has changed numerous times since then as they have a high turn over ratio.

Which is sad to me, I feel that if both companies (DD and SQ) could have no glass ceiling so to speak.

So you choise visual then preformance first then why did you go with Audiobaun, audiopipe, and Kicker? Sorry bud but everything you say is now invalid.
Dude, you offered your opinion, he offered his. No need to jump on him for saying his different viewpoint.

Wow! Now, everything you said is invalid to me. Thats my opinion like he had his opinion. Who cares what you think..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bigwave.gif.16324171cad2db62cf4f16568b038478.gif

my dd3510's slapped hard as hell and i bought them for $150. they both had coil rub. after giving dd $260 for recones they still sit in my closet. i love the product but if im buying new it will be from another company that doesnt have to over charge. i know you get what you pay for but sometimes that investment isnt worth it when you can buy an equal product for almost half the price

DD does make 'some' fine products - but if you think they can do no wrong, pass me that bong:

Obviously a competitor is going to talk **** about their product. He even goes as far as to criticize the "made in USA" sticker.. really?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date