Well, got that itch again

macsdad
10+ year member

boom-boom
Well I got that old switch up itch, y'all know the one I'm talking about. As I have stated many times before, simply lovin my dc lvl 4 twelve, but I happen to have a couple of re se 10's laying around doing nothing what so ever. How big a diff, if any could I expect on the se's ported. And, what freq could I tune at with subs that have an fs of about 26hrtz? Of course on my saz1500v3. The se's are the last series with the 12 spoke grey basket. Thanx up front.

30" of cone area vs 12" on the same amp should net you some output depending on the box you go with. It's gonna be substantially larger as we'll though.

In all the testing I've done, cone area doesn't really make as much difference as a larger box. More cone area in the same volume nets very small or no gain.

You'll definitely need a lot more air space for those subs, as they're a lot lower EBP than the DC. As for tuning, you can tune to whatever you like with them but just keep in mind that for tuning below 35Hz, those subs are gonna need a ton of air space to yield a flat response.

You'll definitely need a lot more air space for those subs, as they're a lot lower EBP than the DC. As for tuning, you can tune to whatever you like with them but just keep in mind that for tuning below 35Hz, those subs are gonna need a ton of air space to yield a flat response.
Yeah not so sure those subs are meant to be tuned that low. Can be done but will have to do some work to make it right.

I have the same itch, but I'm going with 4 Incriminator Audio I Series 8's. Can't wait to see what my box builder comes up with for them, I'll probably do a short install log when I get them all in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The se specs on ported state 1.25 for ported, the lvl 4 is in 1.5, so yeah I know box will need to be bigger. Can't find mfg recommendations for tuning. Could I get by with tuning at somewhere around 28-30hrtz? Will be on same amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

macsdad

10+ year member
boom-boom
macsdad
Trussville, Al
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date