Decent temporary enclosure for two sa15s?

Participant count
  • Participant list
How do you know it's tuned to 32 hz? it probably doesn't have near the port area it needs. pre fabs always ****. why would you spend that much money on a crap box that's only going to be temporary anyways? why not take that money and use it to built your box or have it built? I would highly recommend that because they are probably not going to be near their potential in that box and the money wasted on it could go towards a good box

yea that's pretty expensive for a crappy prefab. You could already pay someone to build a custom box for about the same price. Besides, that airspace is way too small for those SA-15's. I wouldn't trust it. You might think it's 32 hz but it's probably much higher.

I really wanted to just have one built, but the two local car audio companies want an outrageous amount of money, seriously....6-700$.... No thanks. I do have one other person who is reasonable but he can't do it until end of April. I'm getting impatient lol

I feel ya there I wouldn't wait. I had a custom box built for my 12s for 150 bucks at our local audio shop its a pretty good box too carpet and all. 600-700 is crazy expensive lol. What I could do in your case is do research and learn the ins and outs of building and do it yourself. Much cheaper and in this case much quicker. I downloaded a free app on my phone that is a box calculator you enter height depth and width and the size and length of the port until you find the tuning that you like. Make sure its within spec on port area and net volume after port and subs. Once you find it you can then go to a cut sheet page that tells you exactly what you need to cut. From there its just putting it together lol. I know because I too am planning two sa15s in the next couple months and I been playing with thus thing all week trying to figure a way to fit them in a hatchback focus while retaining the back seat. I found a way to get 7 cubes after displacement with a 10 inch aero tuned to 35 hz. Once I confirm its all good I'm going to start on building asap be for the subs even come :)

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been playing with the box calculator thing...pretty neat. I was thinking too of doing aeroports, reason being is I plan on firing into cabin and would like to have the ports firing through where the 6x9 bose subs used to to with the trunk completely sealed off...should be loudest that way. I guess I will start doing some calculations tonight. I have to read up on how to figure the port lenght and what not...definitely want tho setup to be right when its all done

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.