Deka 9a31 question

BFeezy
10+ year member

Sneakerhead
NY
I have an Optima red top up front, Singer 300a alt, and I'll be running two Audiopipe 3000d's and two Kicker KX850.4s. I need to know if I need 4, 5, or maybe 6 9a31's. Price doesn't matter to me...my dad works at a powersports dealership that is a Deka dealer.

I was thinking around 4 too. I don't want to have so many that I end up ruining them because my alternator can't charge them enough. I will probably end up charging them every 3-4 weeks anyway to make sure they don't drop in voltage though.

I had 2 total for 5k with a 200a alt I dropped to around 12.6-13v which isnt bad at all.
I feel like you mustn't have been running anywhere near 5k after rise to only drop down to high 12's off 2 batts lol.

I was thinking around 4 too. I don't want to have so many that I end up ruining them because my alternator can't charge them enough. I will probably end up charging them every 3-4 weeks anyway to make sure they don't drop in voltage though.
The only way they won't charge back up is if every second you are driving your vehicle you are playing it at max volume so your alt can't keep up. But charging them every so often is a good idea.

its always good to charge them with a AGM charge once in a while, your vehicle does not charge AGM battery's correctly... i have 3 deka intimidators and i love them. i stick a ripple charge to them once a week or so to top them off .. but never had a issue with voltage or starting the vehicle, im running 3500rms to subs and 600rms to doors

I feel like you mustn't have been running anywhere near 5k after rise to only drop down to high 12's off 2 batts lol.
I charged them regularly... I couldn't wang on it for 5 minutes straight but when I would do my MWSPL kaos runs I would drop down to 12.2 something... that's after 3 minutes.

I charged them regularly... I couldn't wang on it for 5 minutes straight but when I would do my MWSPL kaos runs I would drop down to 12.2 something... that's after 3 minutes.
Is that with the car off or on and rev'd?

I had 7 total on 12k and a stock alt and I didn't touch below 11 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol

I love the dekas I will be running 12-16 in my new build

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.