did i blow my memphis mojo already?

woody2193
10+ year member

WI
so i just bought a used memphis mojo 12 and put it in a 2.2 cube box tuned at 33hz. I matched with an audiopipe ap15001d. I turned the gain on the amp about 2/3 of the way up and had the bass remote at max. the sub is wired down to 1 ohm. The sub was slammin and sounding great when it suddenly kind of started getting quieter and quieter. I got out and saw smoke coming out the port. I didnt think i blew the sub with only about 900wrms but i dunno. I thought the smoke may have been from the solder i used to solder the speaker wire joint (to split between the voice coils of pos and neg.

It now will not turn up very loud and pops when you send any power to it. When the speaker pops the amp will go into protect but then go back to the power light on andi t repeats the process. I took it out and the box smelt pretty bad. the wires still had electrical tape over the joint and i could not see any evidence of it melting. Is my sub blown? What should i do if it is?

2 issues here.... You didnt properly set the gains with a dmm. Setting the gain 2/3 of the way was probably to high, not to mention using the bass boost was a no no, especially having it all the way up.. Do some searching on here, You will find the proper ways to set the gain in the furture. Live and learn...

i can rebuild //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

max voltage input is 5v on that amp. if you have 4v outputs u clipped the amp pretty hard.

2 issues here.... You didnt properly set the gains with a dmm. Setting the gain 2/3 of the way was probably to high, not to mention using the bass boost was a no no, especially having it all the way up.. Do some searching on here, You will find the proper ways to set the gain in the furture. Live and learn...
bass remote =/= bass boost //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.