Difference between RF & Kenwood amps

Kenwood amps shouldn't be bought by anyone and indeed Grman you have an odd issue, your Kicker should NOT have that problem.
Even for a blanket statement (which have a tendency to be rather moronic more often than not) that one is incredibly assinine even for this forum.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Again - I'll reiterate...I'll put my KAC-PS500F (75w X 4 @ 4 / 300w X 2 @ 4) and/or my KAC-PS401M (300w X 1 @ 4 / 600w X 1 @ 2) against amps of comparable output from either RF or Kicker and dare you to find a real weakness in either of the Kenwoods as compared to the competition.

8 days a week.

Yeah I have a 4 channel Kenwood (forget the model) that I had for a couple years till I replaced it with a 6 channel jl...it still works fine and I've been meaning to put it up for sale along with some other misc gear I have taking up space in my room.

Well, my other amp powering my other pair of components is a Kenwood KAC-848 and it is maybe 100W RMSx2 @ 4 Ohms and it also clips at a low gain. So both the Kicker and Kenwood are clipping at a low gain. The internal amp on the Alpine HU is turned off and I followed instructions at several sites (ie. JL Audio) for setting the gain. The resulting volume is fairly loud but I don't understand the points at which they clip.

The KAC-848 is rated for 50w X 2 @ 4 Ohms, 75w X 4 @ 2 Ohms, and 150w X 2 @ 4 Ohm mono bridged just like its older cousin, the KAC-846 of which I am very fond. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Well, my other amp powering my other pair of components is a Kenwood KAC-848 and it is maybe 100W RMSx2 @ 4 Ohms and it also clips at a low gain. So both the Kicker and Kenwood are clipping at a low gain. The internal amp on the Alpine HU is turned off and I followed instructions at several sites (ie. JL Audio) for setting the gain. The resulting volume is fairly loud but I don't understand the points at which they clip.

If the settings are correct, and the volume is fairly loud, you may be asking too much from your amps? It seems unlikely that both of your amps would have the same issue, if indeed there were something wrong with them.

my guess is ur hu has high preouts, prolly 4 volts or higher and that's makin it clip early, my RF does the same with a 0db frequency tone, i bet if you have the volume lower u'll have ur gain near halfway instaed of 20%

I had a Kenwood 812D @ 1ohm until it blew recently. I think it was defective when I purchased it though (took upto a minute to before it would turn on) but thought it was my shitty wal-mart HU I was using at the time. It was out of warranty before I got a new HU and realized it was the amp. Anyhow it bumped pretty hard and would get one again if I felt it was the better price/perf ratio. I'm using a Kicker sx1250.1 now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.