Do I need OFC for my setup

THIS! 190 shipped for 50 feet of 4/0 copper cable. Cheaper than sky high 2/0 ofc.
Jeff will this work, will take a pic later:

have some welding cable, says 1/0 on it i'm thinking its 1 gauge cause its pretty large, will get a pick in a few. says also 500-600 V.

will that suffice

and not 1 awg lmao

i love these questions/discussions. Really its all personal preference. CCA will be fine for what ever you want to run no matter the power. The kicker is knowing your wire.

Ive ran 4k before on CCA and it performed fine for me. I just did 4 runs(2power and 2 grounds) front to back. Never had issues and didnt run fuses either. I can get almost 3 times the amount of 1/0ga CCA then i can 1 run of 1/0ga OFC. To make matters worse on the 4k i was using cheap ass CCA. I think it was "The Install Bay" 1/0 CCA lol. But it worked for me. 2 Deka g31s in back, 220a DC alt, 4 runs of install bay cca 1/0, 4kw running full tilt, only dropped to 13.7v from 14.3 while at idle, and didnt drop below 14.1 at 2k rpms unless it was a heavy bass note then it would touch 14v lol

I have a friend/teammate who has been running 10k+ on CCA and has been doing it for years. Hes ran a Stetsom 14k, 2 American 500.1s, American Bass 1000.1, and now he has 2 CT-7k's and never had any issues.

Another teammate runs 2 Flatline BA3 8ks on 1/0 CCA and does fine also.

So to me it seems like personal prefence, and if you want to spend the extra cash

Looking at some big 3 upgrade kits I see some at sonice electronix and wondering if i would be fine with the $39 one for my system. At most I will have between 1800 to 2100 total watts. Doing the figures for Amperage that's either 260 amps or 304 because its i'm either going with a 1200W sub amp or a 1500w and for Hi's either around 360rms watts 4 channel or 600rms watts total. Non competition car, just want a nice stereo system. I will be running 1 gauge from the battery and 4 gauge for the grounds. The grounds will be 1-2 feet at most, more than likely more around 1 1 1/2. Just reading some thread where guys were asking if they needed OFC wiring and just don't want to spend that extran if not needed for what I wana do.
thanks
you need to run the same gauge wire for ground as you do power. heard it's no good running smaller for grounds

you need to run the same gauge wire for ground as you do power. heard it's no good running smaller for grounds
correct, if you are going to miss match any wire, make the ground wire bigger if any. But you shouldnt do it if all possible

correct, if you are going to miss match any wire, make the ground wire bigger if any. But you shouldnt do it if all possible
^^^ second! think of it like a loop, the same amount of power needs to be able to run from the battery to your amp (+) and from your amp to the battery (-). so they should always be the same size wire.

i love these questions/discussions. Really its all personal preference. CCA will be fine for what ever you want to run no matter the power. The kicker is knowing your wire.
Ive ran 4k before on CCA and it performed fine for me. I just did 4 runs(2power and 2 grounds) front to back. Never had issues and didnt run fuses either. I can get almost 3 times the amount of 1/0ga CCA then i can 1 run of 1/0ga OFC. To make matters worse on the 4k i was using cheap ass CCA. I think it was "The Install Bay" 1/0 CCA lol. But it worked for me. 2 Deka g31s in back, 220a DC alt, 4 runs of install bay cca 1/0, 4kw running full tilt, only dropped to 13.7v from 14.3 while at idle, and didnt drop below 14.1 at 2k rpms unless it was a heavy bass note then it would touch 14v lol

I have a friend/teammate who has been running 10k+ on CCA and has been doing it for years. Hes ran a Stetsom 14k, 2 American 500.1s, American Bass 1000.1, and now he has 2 CT-7k's and never had any issues.

Another teammate runs 2 Flatline BA3 8ks on 1/0 CCA and does fine also.

So to me it seems like personal prefence, and if you want to spend the extra cash
i like discussions period lol. I'm a great debater and love to debate certain topics, some more than others. I mean I love stories like you guys and people who run certain things with their vehicles be it certain audio stuff or parts. Thanks for all the info, proves that pretty much you just do what you feel in your heart most of the times after getting info and opinions from folks. I always appreciate anyone who takes the time to chime in. I haven't read all of the replies but just going to ask again about the welding wire. Here are images

sorry the first image the **** flash was on lol but it looks just like regular car auto wire, feels like it also and the wire is flexible like it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.